Intro

akting

Unverified
Hi all,

I'm an Army vet and current engineering student. I'm also the current president of our school Veterans Club, where I do my best to advocate for veterans' issues, as well as raise money for veteran-based causes and charities in the area (We are currently raising funds for and contributing to a service dog training kennel, that provides all types of service dogs free of charge, for veterans(the only such organization in MN)).

I joined the Army as a 68W, went to airborne school and RIP, followed by a record-breaking time as a Pre-SOCM at RSTB and obtained my EFMB there. After that I went to 1BCT 82nd Airborne, where I spent the rest of my time in active service. While in the Deuce, I was able to be an EFMB instructor, attend WLC, had the opportunity to attend the Division best medic competition and then the All-Army best medic competition (myself and my partner placed 3rd...not bad for a couple of joes from the airborne corps). After that, I went to Air Assault school, followed by a long-awaited promotion to Sergeant and a beautiful train-up and deployment to Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. Worked in a surgical field hospital (those are strong words to describe what was actually there lol) and got to exercise a lot of skills that I had accumulated along my journey. Came back home, ETS'd, and did some reserve time back in the hometown.

If you couldn't tell already, I do a little bit of writing in my off-time. Luckily for the world, I still don't get much off-time.

I actually found SS again after googling my name to check PERSEC type things. Our Best Medic article had been posted in the 75th forum. It's worth noting, the team that won the competition contained my old PSG from Pre-SOCM. I thought it was a fitting ending. I look forward to contributing what I can and learning a whole lot more.

Back