Introduction - Old civilian

helix4101

Unverified
Hi All,

I'm 31, will be 32 in Jan 2021. I wanted SF as a kid, parents bargained, I did engineering. Never fit into corporate so I went into restaurant work and trained to become an MMA fighter with all of my free time. I have some metal in my hand, but it's great surgery. I just got another cast off for a different broken finger and they checked on my metal, still doing great. I'm currently a manager in the ivy league and working on a masters in computer engineering (my attitude right now: get me away from a desk and away from campus culture). Everybody's got a view that I'll be a great officer and computer guy (35P) in the Army. I really hate it though I just do it "because."

My recruiter told me I have time to do 18X before I am 32. I am going down there on Monday. Got to get my medical records and my juvenile record (i believe it's expunged by now though, I had an underage drinking charge at like 16). I also asked her about getting 11x OPT 40 and she told me that she'll look into age requirements, but believes it's the same age as Army (35).

Thank you for allowing me to be a member of this forum and I hope to search for answers to my questions here.

If active duty won’t give you 18x in time, Army National Guard may still give you a REP63 contract. NG goes through the same pipeline as active duty, and there is a chance to cross over.

Back