Introduction - Recent College Grad

kkillert0fu

Unverified
Hello Men,

My name is Erik, I am 23 years old, and have recently graduated college with a B.A. in History. I am particularly interested in Human Intelligence and am currently in the process of determining the best possible route for me. I have done a considerable amount of research on the various enlisted options that are available right now. As of recently, however, I have begun to explore several officer paths I can take, more specifically the Army and Marine Corps OCS options. I would very much appreciate any additional information on how to best achieve my goals of ultimately specializing in human intelligence operations. Thank you and I look forward to getting to know the ShadowSpear community.

Welcome to the site.

If you make the cut to come into the Army as an intelligence officer, you'll most likely have to earn your bones as a "vanilla" tac intel officer (35D) before you can work your way up into HUMINT. The new officer AOC for HUMINT is 35F- not to be confused with the enlisted 35F MOS. There is a variety of collector training out there that would be available for you in the Army, the penultimate being "The Farm" run by the CIA. Other options are the Advanced Military Source Operations Course (AMSOC) run by DIA and the Advanced Source Operations Course (ASOC) run out of Fort Huachuca. If you have your heart set on HUMINT and don't want to spend time working up to it, you might want to look at DIA or CIA rather than the military.

Hello Men,

My name is Erik, I am 23 years old, and have recently graduated college with a B.A. in History. I am particularly interested in Human Intelligence and am currently in the process of determining the best possible route for me. I have done a considerable amount of research on the various enlisted options that are available right now. As of recently, however, I have begun to explore several officer paths I can take, more specifically the Army and Marine Corps OCS options. I would very much appreciate any additional information on how to best achieve my goals of ultimately specializing in human intelligence operations. Thank you and I look forward to getting to know the ShadowSpear community.

Do yo speak any additional languages ? Spend any time studying/living abroad ? This helps if you go the CIA or NSA route.

Welcome to Shadowspear !!

Yup, like Firemedic said. There are girlz here, too.....and they will kick you where you don't wanna be kicked.

Welcome aboard!

Back