Introduction Thread

Joemamma234

Unverified
Hello, I am a high school student from Oregon. I do martial arts and cross country. Still trying to improve my pt scores.
I am interested in 75th Ranger Regiment as a 13f and an Air Force TACP (I am aware TACPs are not inherentally SOF)
Undecided between trying out between those two career fields. I am interested in TACP because of the advanced training (JTAC), small community, and the perceived benefits of being in the Air Force.
I am interested in the Rangers because they... lead the way. I like their direct-action front lines mission, and the fact that they are in the fight, not removed like I worry I will be as a TACP. It also seems like that their are more options in the Army, including SF and the 160th.
I am leaning more towards TACP, but have some reservations. Any and all input would be appreciated.

I wanted to apologize for my post.

I lost sight of the fact that I am an unverified member, not part of the community. My job is to be quiet and listen, and ask questions when needed. Not join in on the banter when I haven't earned my spot to yet. I apologize I lost sight of that fact. I am sorry if it offended anyone, or if it came off as rude. I don't want to take advantage of the great resource this website is providing. @Arf @DasBoot @ThunderHorse @Devildoc @AlphaVictor @AWP

I wanted to apologize for my post.

I lost sight of the fact that I am an unverified member, not part of the community. My job is to be quiet and listen, and ask questions when needed. Not join in on the banter when I haven't earned my spot to yet. I apologize I lost sight of that fact. I am sorry if it offended anyone, or if it came off as rude. I don't want to take advantage of the great resource this website is providing. @Arf @DasBoot @ThunderHorse @Devildoc @AlphaVictor @AWP

I am going to talk to you like you are my son and not a HN assigned to battalion. Believe me, your feelings won't be hurt nearly as much. And, you are young enough to be my son.

This site offers an extraordinary breath and depth of experience, maturity, and wisdom, all yours for the asking. Approach the members with humility, and contrition. Know your place in the pack. Earn your stripes.

Learn from this experience and drive on. @Ooh-Rah did you a favor by closing that thread down, so you really need to thank him for heading this off. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I am going to talk to you like you are my son and not a HN assigned to battalion. Believe me, your feelings won't be hurt nearly as much. And, you are young enough to be my son.

This site offers an extraordinary breath and depth of experience, maturity, and wisdom, all yours for the asking. Approach the members with humility, and contrition. Know your place in the pack. Earn your stripes.

Learn from this experience and drive on. @Ooh-Rah did you a favor by closing that thread down, so you really need to thank him for heading this off. I hope you find what you're looking for.
I deserve all that I get for this.

Not only did I make a stupid post, I sold myself short. I certainly did not join this site to represent myself as an immature high school student.
My intent was to not make a disrespectful, immature, and ungrateful post. That is both what it was and how it came off. The last thing I want to do is disrespect or degrade anyone's service or sacrifice.
I regret making that post, and I wish I approached it with a different attitude. I should have had the self-awareness to recognize my place here, and I am disappointed I did not.

In the future I will try better represent the person who I like to think I am.

Back