Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbjay

Unverified
Hello, my name is Jacob. I am currently a senior in high school and have a strong interest in serving in the 75th Ranger Regiment. I have come to this site to gain more knowledge about my future aspirations.

I am thankful for this site for letting me be a member and am far more grateful for the men and women serving our country in the past and present. Thank you.

Jacob, Welcome to SS and thank you for your interest in serving our nation. You might want to register over at ArmyRanger.com as well. My Ranger Brothers over there have a rucksack full of knowledge to share that you would do well to read and heed in your quest to earn the coveted black & gold and prestigious Ranger scroll.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Warchief; I have read and studied many of the threads on ArmyRanger.com and have found them extremely helpful indeed. The 'Recruiters and Schools - Q&A' section is by far the most helpful. Thank you for the reccomendation. What benefits would I get from registering on ArmyRanger.com?

Thank you for your help.

...Warchief; ...What benefits would I get from registering on ArmyRanger.com?...

I'll take this for my one-time mentor, not trying to usurp your authority, Chief, trying to be the NCO you helped train me to be.

Knowledge, and the pursuit thereof, is going to stand you in better stead throughout your life than assuming you are the expert. Without registering on AR.com, you will not be able to ask germane, relevant and cogent questions on those matters that need edification. You want to be a Ranger, therefore, join Army Ranger dot com, as that is the Ranger site. The Chief is a Ranger, and SF, and a medic, and knows things... why even ask that question? You were sent in a direction by an expert, and questioned it - try that if you make it to Regiment and see how long you last.

There are lots of Rangers on this site, and no slur is cast upon them, nor their abilities to answer your questions, they are wholly capable of imparting the knowedge you seek. But the Chief gave you a direction, because it will broaden your ability to get more information from which to make a decision...

Depth and Breadth of knowledge are good. Be a good Padawan and learn.

Welcome. Check out the SOF Mentor forum as well. Research thoroughly but no more than 30 mins a day. In your other time go have fun.

I'll take this for my one-time mentor, not trying to usurp your authority, Chief, trying to be the NCO you helped train me to be.

Knowledge, and the pursuit thereof, is going to stand you in better stead throughout your life than assuming you are the expert. Without registering on AR.com, you will not be able to ask germane, relevant and cogent questions on those matters that need edification. You want to be a Ranger, therefore, join Army Ranger dot com, as that is the Ranger site. The Chief is a Ranger, and SF, and a medic, and knows things... why even ask that question? You were sent in a direction by an expert, and questioned it - try that if you make it to Regiment and see how long you last.

There are lots of Rangers on this site, and no slur is cast upon them, nor their abilities to answer your questions, they are wholly capable of imparting the knowedge you seek. But the Chief gave you a direction, because it will broaden your ability to get more information from which to make a decision...

Depth and Breadth of knowledge are good. Be a good Padawan and learn.

Roger that x SF MED. My apologies to Ranger Warchief. I will head on over to ArmyRanger.com and make myself an account.

As cback220 said, go to our SOF Mentor sub-forum, post another intro and participate in there.

LL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back