Introduction

Avla24

Unverified
Greeting everyone. Been in the Marine Corps for a year and a half now and im not happy with my current MOS and am seeking advice on how to get into something more fulfilling and challanging. Not many people are capable of the thing that SOF do and i wanna know if i cant do it.

Welcome to SS. Thank you for your active military service. Have you been able to identify what it is that you "wanna" do? What is the "thing" that SOF does that you wanna know if you can do? I am not asking you to give me the answers, just trying to see if know what you want.

RF 1

I dont feel that im fulfilling my potential in my current MOS. you have to be smart in my job and im okay at it. There are evil people in the world that the special forces are tasked to find out and take care of. there is a special set of skill you neep to do those types of operations and if im capable i feel like its what i need to do.

I dont feel that im fulfilling my potential in my current MOS. you have to be smart in my job and im okay at it. There are evil people in the world that the Special Forces are tasked to find out and take care of. there is a special set of skill you neep to do those types of operations and if im capable i feel like its what i need to do.

Do you think that you don't have to be smart in a SOF unit? The text I bolded seems to make that inference.....

No i know you have to be extremely smart.. now that i read it that does come off as like im saying you dont have to be smart. Not my intention. I was saying that there is that connection between my MOS and SOF

No i know you have to be extremely smart.. now that i read it that does come off as like im saying you dont have to be smart. Not my intention. I was saying that there is that connection between my MOS and SOF

Gotcha. BTW, welcome to the site, Thank You for your service, and good luck with your plans.

Welcome. Plenty of information out there. Make sure you're representing the Marine Corps well.

Back