Introduction

bigbuford89

Unverified
Hello folks
I am graduating college in June and am hoping to join the military eventually, hopefully in an infantry or perhaps SOF capacity. I have knee problems (college football) that will require a 5th (and hopefully final) surgery this coming summer and then as per my ortho I'll have a normal knee. The recovery process is pretty long, so I'm trying to find a job in the meantime.

I will also be keeping my service options open. I had originally considered Marine Corps OCC, but now with 2 years or so to research and get in shape, I am keeping my options open.

Right now I am trying to get rid of my linebacker/defensive end weight with a mixture of calisthenics, rowing, swimming, biking, and some of the crossfit stuff that isn't so rough on the knees.

I'll probably mostly be lurking but I do want to say thanks for the resources.

Have a good one

PS:
I am writing a military analysis paper trying to determine the best way close the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. It'll end up being 40-50 pages and I'm focusing more on the quantitative than qualitative, i.e. "how many drones flying how many missions would it take to surveil Pass A?"

I imagine some of you may have ideas, so if you have some suggestions let me know. Sorry if vague

LibraryLady

Verified Military
Welcome

Just stay off the red bull when paper writing - make make a difference in your grade. ;)

LL