Introduction

Jaymes

Verified Military
Hey gents, my name is Jaymes and I live out in California. I have no military background but have been in the fire service for the last 9 years. I also coach at a strength and conditioning gym part time. I'm currently finishing my paramedic license(internship phase).
My goal is to learn as much as I can about the PJ program and the best way to prepare. Im signed up to take the PAST test at Moffett Airfield this month. My only struggle right now is the 500m swim.
I'd like to thank you guys in advance for great site you run and the priceless know how.

Thanks again,

Jaymes L.

Welcome to the site. There's a Mentor Program that the SOF guys run for us wannabes here that is a great resource. If you haven't already, I would recommend joining the PJ Mentor Group. Good luck with your goals.

Welcome aboard. There are lots of tutorials online for the CSS, but the best way to get better is to find a pool and practice. Perfect practice makes perfect.
Best of luck!

Hey thanks fellas, I did find the Mentor Group you were takling about, although I couldn't figure out how to post an intro to that forum as well. Do I need to be approved to be in the group? Or do I go under, "start a new conversation" and title it PJ Mentor Program? I'm new to the forum buisness, so thanks again for the help.

Jaymes

Hey thanks fellas, I did find the Mentor Group you were takling about, although I couldn't figure out how to post an intro to that forum as well. Do I need to be approved to be in the group? Or do I go under, "start a new conversation" and title it PJ Mentor Program? I'm new to the forum buisness, so thanks again for the help.

Jaymes

Jaymes, you do have to be a group member before you can post in the forum. However, there is another first post thread lurking around here somewhere... ;)

Copy that, thanks for the heads up CDG, I hit "the ask to join" link. Just wait to hear back now?
Thanks for the help again.

Copy that, thanks for the heads up CDG, I hit "the ask to join" link. Just wait to hear back now?
Thanks for the help again.

Yep. When the owner(s) of the group log in again they will see the request from you and take care of it.

Back