Introduction

Deadtorights

Verified Military
Hello all,

I've been a lurker for a while in late 2010. I just finally decided to make an account because I want to be more involved.

I'm currently Active Duty Air Force stationed in Misawa AB, Japan as a 1C5X1. I like my job, but I know I can offer more. In 2013 or somewhere early in my AF career I want to crosstrain into Pararescue. At first I was fighting between PJ and CCT, but I always go back to PJ because of the mission. Not only is the mission a reason I desire to be a PJ, but an additional factor would be, "I want to give those guys a rest". I'm 23 and single and I know plenty of the PJ, being a small group, have families. Instead of sending the PJ with kids and wife, and gone all the time... send me.

But I know these are just words. I have to put them into action and hopefully I'll get my chance.

Thank you all, for the site with invaluable information and like-mindedness.
I look forward to future conversations with you all!

Deadtorights

Verified Military
Thank you all and thank you for your services as well.
But I must retract my statement, I know it's not uncommon for one to go back and forth in decisions(especially this one, a lifestyle change)
Due to limited time and personal reasons, I will attempt my journey as a Combat Controller instead.
Thank you all for the welcoming again.
Peace

Red Flag 1

Verified Military
Welcome to SS. So CCT is now your target. Take a look at Capt Barry Crawford to see what a "day at the office" is like.

RF 1

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Welcome. Try out the SOF Mentor Forums for any questions you may have.

Welcome to SS. So CCT is now your target. Take a look at Capt Barry Crawford to see what a "day at the office" is like.

RF 1
My first assignment was with Capt. Crawford. Great to see him, and Controllers, recognized for what they do.