Introduction

Tampico

Unverified
Hello Everyone

My name is junior I am 18 years old and currently filling out papers in order to join the Marines Corps. I'll be heading down to MEPS this week and signing a Infantry contract, my long term goal is to be able to join MARSOC. I didn't score high enough on the ASVAB and plan on re-taking the test while in the Marine Corps( I don't know if its possible but I need to raise my GT score by 10) in order to apply for MARSOC later down the road. I am a down to earth,family oriented type of person who feels great joy when working with a close knit team which is one of the main reasons why I want to join Special Operations. To wrap this up thank you for accepting me into this forum and sharing so much knowledge:D .

Calisthenics Numbers​
75 Pushups​
77 Situps​
22 Pullups​
1.5 Mile Run in 9:34​
Air Force Past​
62 Pushups​
65 Situps​
20 Pullups​
1.5 Mile Run 9:47​
500 Meter Swim 10:15​
Underwater-Passed​

Those are some pretty good stats. I think the most pullups I've ever been able to do is 11.

Lol. That's because you have the wingspan of a pterodactyl, Sir.

Welcome to the site Tampico. Just out of curiosity, if you are joining the USMC and looking towards MARSOC, why did you post AF PAST numbers?

Lol. That's because you have the wingspan of a pterodactyl, Sir.

Welcome to the site Tampico. Just out of curiosity, if you are joining the USMC and looking towards MARSOC, why did you post AF PAST numbers?

Thank you and I only posted it to give people a better idea of where I currently stand in terms of conditioning, I haven't officially taken the PAST under supervision of a recruiter rather under a friend of mines who wants to become a PJ.

-Thank you Gents
J

Did your feet ever come off the ground, Sir? :D

Welcome to the site, Tampico.

:) I had a chinup bar put up just inside the door to my office my last trip to Afghanistan, my NCOIC (PT stud) and I challenged the section (couple hundred people) to a "beat the bosses" pullup contest (kipping allowed, any handgrip, chin over the bar, no touching the ground, hands had to stay on the bar), our combined score against the score of any other two people. I did 11. Our combined score was something like 53. Yeah. 53. Did I mention that my NCOIC was a PT stud? ;)

Back