Introduction

tylobing

Marine
Verified Sniper
Grew up on a apple orchard in Michigan, spending most of my time as a kid in carharts and garages. Normal life in school, I suppose. I was the grey guy in school, some friends, some sports, some hobbies, but I generally stuck to myself with a few close friends. Freshman year of college I enlisted in the Corps, as a part time Marine, and 2 years later found myself leaving school for Iraq. 6 weeks in, my vehicle was struck by an RPG, in which I was hit directly. This landed me a ticket to Germany, and then the states. 3 weeks in Bethesda, which I might add has the best medical care I've ever seen. Fast forward 9 months of therapy and a forced med sep, I was on TDRL. Back in school 2 years left, knocked out a police academy, a couple degrees , and landed a job wearing a star everyday. 2 year med board check up, finds me sitting in front of a female Air Force Col. telling me it's my choice, go back or stay out and collect the check. So 8 months later the cammies come out and back to my unit I go. Soon I find myself at the Scout Sniper indoc, and a year later at Scout Sniper School. Plt. Sgt, another pump and here I am. Currently trying to go 18x, but we'll see how the Army medical staff favors the repair job of Naval doctors.

Ty,
I know the Army approves of the work by the Bethesda staff, a senior member of this board, and my Brother (chosen, not blood family) has spent a lot of time there getting repaired, and I was there with him as support for a while... they do good work. If LtCdr Burns did any of your surgeries, you had one hell of a doctor and man take care of you.

Welcome, Drive on.

Back