Introduction

notevenaperson

Unverified
I'm 24 and I decided to follow through on my life long goal of joining the military, at first special forces didn't even occur to me. I started out looking at intel, tech, and engineering jobs throughout the various branches. During my search through the jobs and what the actually did (as far as the internet would tell me) I came across some SEAL recruiting propaganda and started doing research into what they actually do. The more I learned the more I thought, "This is what I want to do.", "These are the people I want to work with, and become one of.". About 6 months after I started trying to fix 8 years of bad life style habits and losing weight a buddy of mine told me I should look at SF or Raiders as he thought they would be a better fit for me. After doing more research on that I found myself agreeing with him to some degree so I'm at an impasse. I tried making my decision based on where I think I could contribute most, but I honestly don't think the difference is all that great. I don't think I would regret it no matter what course decided to pursue but as I get closer to being ready the decision becomes more pressing for me to make.

I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now and decided it would probably behoove me to register and get more info, as well as potentially find a mentor. For now I'm reading every post in the fitness and nutrition, and starting to PT my ass off.

TLDR; Formerly obese now just kinda fat guy, undecided on branch, but steadfast SOF wannabe.

Welcome aboard and best of success to you!

If you have not done so yet, please be sure to read the thread titled, “A Protocol Primer for ShadowSpear” at the top of the Introductions Forum.

Back