Introduction

RoosterJ

Marine
Verified Military
Hey guys,
First off thanks for the acceptance into Shadowspear. I have been cruising your threads for awhile now and decided to join. From the threads I have read, it seems like there is a lot of unfiltered advice and feedback. All great things.

I am currently a Marine Logistics Officer. I am slated to head A&S in April of 2019 and wanted to be able to join a community where there is unfiltered advice, awesome dudes, and guys that have "been there, done that". This seems to be the perfect place for that.

Now, I have no illusions that I know what being a Raider is like or everything that goes into it. I also am not trying to pull back the curtain and get a peek into the process. I understand those tests are there for a reason, and that they are to eliminate the people that would not thrive in that community. What I am hoping for from this community is to just gather some information about tried and true preparation techniques, past experiences of being involved in SOF, and quite honestly just being around people who were motivated and successful is a huge motivation to me. Trying to surround myself with the people who have the same goals and or succeeded in reaching those goals I feel like is the only way I am going to be successful in this venture myself. I know not everyone gets a chance to go SOF, so I want to take full advantage of the opportunity I have been given.

In order to stick to something, I feel like you have to have a really good understanding of why you are doing it. When the going gets hard, that is the only thing that will hold you to your course. My why is a jumbled field of emotions that is rather hard to explain. I have always had a burning desire in my chest to join the Raiders. I admire the guys that are there because quite simply, they are the best. They all want to be there, are extremely good at their jobs, proved that they were tough, smart, and have the fortitude to see through whatever it is that they are doing. I desire to work with the best the country has to offer. I want to be a part of something much bigger than myself. Am I far off in the assumption that most of the people here feel the same way?

In closing, I tried to keep it brief. I am excited to be here and continue reading what you guys have to offer. I look forward to hearing any feedback you have to offer.

Back