Introduction

mavs33

Unverified
Hello all,

I’m 25 years old, I was DEP’d in at 19 with a CCT contract, but under certain personal circumstances I wasn’t able ship out.

6 years is a long time, and I’ve struggled with those circumstances almost daily. Now that I’ve gained more life experience and have a good career path, I know exactly what I want. And it isn’t what I’m currently doing.

Mentally I know I’m a lot stronger, but physically I’ve been on a bro lifting program with minimal cardio and have a lot of work to do. I’m still fit, but not selection fit. I can currently pass the PAST test at minimums. But I know what my training program was 6 years ago, and that’s what I’m currently starting. Working hard to CRUSH the standards.

Spoke to the new recruiter and he talked to me about the new changes to the enlistment processes. He seemed very motivated and willing to help me if I was willing to put in the work. Which was a nice change of pace from my last recruiter experience (no disrespect).

I know it’s going to be a long road, and at this point nothing is guaranteed to even get a contract - especially with a new medical waiver needed, and getting through the DEP discharge paperwork. But I am here, and I am working hard.

Thank you for reading.

UPDATE: After some serious consideration, research on this site, and training - I’ve decided that I have zero interest in combat dive which is a prereq for cct.

I’ve switched all paperwork to an army recruiter and plan on enlisting 11x and praying that I get an SFAS slot in basic/OSUT.

Back