Introduction

Butthead

Unverified
Hello all,
I’m a 19 year old kid growing up in a non-military family in a military town (I’m sure you can all guess how fun it is.)

I’ve grown up the same way most people have, playing soldier and special agent. I didn’t know much about the actual military besides what I’d see in Call of Duty or movies.
I decided in middle school I wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force. This came to me after spending time with my grandfather who flew planes. I met an older gentleman who was retired Air Force (not a pilot). He let me “fly” his plane a little in the air and I was hooked. Probably illegal, but a moment I’ve cherished for a long time. When I told my family I wanted to be a pilot, I remember my mom telling me about a guy she dated and how he was a “PJ”. I didn’t really know what that was at the time but from what she told me they were hardcore enough to “eat nails and babies for breakfast”. Seemed pretty badass to me, but I wanted to be a cool pilot.

Story goes how I’m sure many do. Meet a girl, lose desire in anything else, get stuck in your hometown at a dead-end job. However, I remember hating life, working two jobs, going to college, and trying to exercise and live a healthy lifestyle, when I decided to look up what a PJ actually was. I read a little into it and was hooked. What really drew me in was how little was spoken about PJ’s. They we’re very humble. Which is how I thought a Special Operator should be. A “Quiet Professional”. I immediately started researching what to do to become a PJ. I got off my ass and started running (literally) and pushing the floor until even my feet were tired.

And that brings me here. What’s brought me here is what I see as “like-minded individuals”. However I know majority of you all are leaps and bounds beyond me in many ways. I’m here to not only learn about the history of SOF but to also see what some of them are up to now. (But mostly the history)

Sorry to write a book, just wanted to give you all a bit of a back-story if myself as well as enough fuel to “dog” and “make-fun” of me as you see fit.

Glad to be here and can’t wait to learn more about this great profession!

Back