Introduction

Winter_Patriot

Unverified
Hello,

I have been reading this forum off and on for a couple years. I am 33 year old prosecutor, no prior service. I want to serve in the 19th SFG in a support role (I am out of state), but not necessarily as a JAG. Ultimately I would like to become a line officer. I understand that I am too old to go to federal OCS through the National Guard, so the recruiter for the 19th and the Utah NG OSM suggested that I enlist and then apply for an accelerated OCS position later. I am currently looking at a 35F spot but need a colorblindness waiver from the schoolhouse.

My only concern with my current route is that I am not getting younger and that I'd like to get through OCS and BOLC while still in good shape and while my job is still flexible (county employee). I had thought about applying to traditional OCS in my home state and then applying for a 19th SFG support position down the road, but not sure if that would be too indirect of a path. I am attracted to working with the 19th SFG for the chance to work on more real world missions. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back