Introduction

Conatus

Unverified
Hello all,

I hope all is well. I am 28 years old and I am looking to enlist once I get my body physically ready for the task. I will be speaking with a recruiter when I move back to the Bay Area from Las Vegas before the end of the month. Most of all, I am very happy that I have come across this forum and thankful for it's amazing contents.

Cheers.

What branch and job and are you comfortable with sharing why you are enlisting at an older age?

Just asking because I joined older as well.

Man. Thanks for asking this. I wanted to go either SEAL or 18x. However, my water/swimming game is not that great and with the current situation that we're in, pools are currently closed, and there is no way for me to train in the water. It does look like the pools will be re-opening soon and if I put time and effort, it could be doable. I just want to be realistic, but also want to try before I give it up. I am also trying to get in while I still feel good physically and won't need a waiver just yet. Lately I have been more leaning towards SOF. I have been doing a lot of thinking/researching and writing it on paper about which way I should go. I know this is an introduction page and there is a lot of topics out there, but do you have any word of advice for someone who's never enlisted before? I am willing to do what it takes.

I am enlisting now because I feel like it's the right time for me. I would've enlisted when I was way younger, but I was in a long-term relationship that affected my decision of leaving. With that relationship being over, I am in search of something that I can contribute, give back to the country that I greatly appreciate, and have a sense of why am I waking up for every morning, and go from there. I definitely couldn't find it in the civilian world.

Back