Introduction

antihisstameme

Unverified
Hello, my name is antihisstameme. I am a student who studies and lives in Long Island. I DEPed in in the Marine Corps and have been hardening my body and mind for the challenge and experience. I found out about this forum due to my interest in Special Operations Forces. When I lurked here, I realized that shadowspear is a community that is focused on sharpening you to be the tip of the spear. A quote that describes what I want out of military comes out of the introduction of John L Plaster's book SOG: The Secret Wars of America's Commandos in Vietnam excerpted from Jean Larte Guy who says "I'd like to have two armies: one for display with lovely guns, tanks, little soldiers, staffs, distinguished and doddering generals, and dear little regimental officers who would be deeply concerned over their general's bowel movements or their colonel's piles, an army that would be shown for a modest fee on every fairground in the country / The other would be the real one, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, who would not be put on display, but from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight." Although nothing is set in stone where I will end up in the military (I am all over the place in interest), I'm set on becoming a SARC or an 18D after my enlistment after much toil depending on which community/mission would be the best fit. I hope my constant state of curiosity combined with the amazing resource that shadowspear is can help me take the path that fits me and can help my fellow forum lurkers actualize to their tip of the spear.

Welcome aboard.

I'd suggest using better capitalization and paragraphs in the future.

My eyes watered trying to read this. I take it you are Dep'd in the Marines but already thinking of joining another branch after your enlistment. Keep your eye in the 25 meter target and make it through basic.

My eyes watered trying to read this. I take it you are Dep'd in the Marines but already thinking of joining another branch after your enlistment. Keep your eye in the 25 meter target and make it through basic.
thank you sir, i'll make sure i pass basic and earn the title of marine before i make any grandeur plans

Back