introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrymrtnz09

LionHeart
Unverified
first and fore most let me thank the past, present and future members of the spec op community. without your courage and valor on the front lines it would be impossible to win the war against our enemys in any part of the globee. My name is henry i am a 25 year college student from the bronx, NY. i got to school for crimininal justice and political science. in the hopes to further achieve my goals and gain more credibility in the field i want to join the army in order to gain the necessary experience to futher my career at a federal level. for many years now i have wanted to join the army and go directly into the 18x m.o.s or most known as special forces. i have been doin extensive research over the course of the last year and i have been getting physically and mentally prepared for the rigors of spec op trainin. Although i can not achieve the level or preparedness on my own as at the actual training. i can use this training so it won't hurt as much later on. saying that, i would like to know opininons, in-sight, or some pointers that would help me out to get ready. i use to be a full back in college so i am about 240lbs way over the limit what else can i do to get ready? any information suggestions from present operators or vets is greatly appreciated

thank you

Welcome Dude. Firstly I suggest you Capitalize Special Forces in your post. ;-)

If your genuinely interested in the 18X program get training.. If you are still 240lbs you'll need to drop a few lbs. I was 200lbs and lost about 20lbs by High Intensity Interval Training. Loads of Info in the Physical training forum.

How tall are you?

How fast do you run the 2 mile in?

How many push ups in 2 min?

How many sit ups in 2 min?

What is your fitness programme?

Do you have time to train, seriously?

RESPONCE FOR QUESTIONS

i am 5'11

MY BEST TIME SO FAR ON THE TWO MILE RUN IS 16

i haven't max out lately but i can do 65 without any problem in two minutes

How many sit ups in 2 min? 50 sit ups in two minutes

What is your fitness programm? i was using my old college lifting chart but that was just gettin me too dam bulky, so i went looking around and i found a book called SPECIAL OPS FITNESS TRAINING it has some intense workouts in it. i put a five day workout program based on the info provided in the book ill let u know in 12 weeks how it worked out.

Do you have time to train, seriously? IM SO SERIOUS ABOUT PURSUING THIS THAT I WAKE UP A THREE IN THE MORNING TO TRAIN AND RUN THEN I GO TO MY JOB UNTIL 19:00 THAT'S HOW DEDICATED I AM. I HAVE A TEAM PLAYER NEVER GIVE UP MENTALITY.

i am 5'11

MY BEST TIME SO FAR ON THE TWO MILE RUN IS 16

i haven't max out lately but i can do 65 without any problem in two minutes

How many sit ups in 2 min? 50 sit ups in two minutes

What is your fitness programm? i was using my old college lifting chart but that was just gettin me too dam bulky, so i went looking around and i found a book called SPECIAL OPS FITNESS TRAINING it has some intense workouts in it. i put a five day workout program based on the info provided in the book ill let u know in 12 weeks how it worked out.

Do you have time to train, seriously? IM SO SERIOUS ABOUT PURSUING THIS THAT I WAKE UP A THREE IN THE MORNING TO TRAIN AND RUN THEN I GO TO MY JOB UNTIL 19:00 THAT'S HOW DEDICATED I AM. I HAVE A TEAM PLAYER NEVER GIVE UP MENTALITY.

First, welcome, next, chill. A lot of people here have more experience then you could believe. IF you qualify, you'll be joining a group of Quite Pros that do not yell, i.e. all caps. You can learn a lot here that will help you in your future endeavors, don't blow it; I stepped on my dick early on but learned from my mistakes.

PS - PM inbound

Welcome to the site. Best wishes with your military aspirations...

Thank you all for the support. This kind of support keep me motivated. Thank You!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back