Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticwarrior

Unverified
Hi all,First let me thank the admin for accepting me . I have served in the British army most of that service carried out in my native country of Northern Ireland. The period was between 1970 and 1982. I then retired as Sgt., and became a member of the Royal Ulster Constabulary for 12 years. All this service was carried out during a terriorist campaign. I divorced met a lady online, and now reside and work the USA.

Welcome.

Good to have you here. A few other Irishmen around, but I think they're all from the south.

Fáilte isteach agus buíochas a ghabháil leat as do sheirbhís!

Welcome aboard!

I was once subjected to a 'stop' by your RUC brethren in Belfast once, rather exhilarating with the rover mounting the curb at high speed to cut me off! lol

They were totally cool with me, the guy I was talking said "Do you know where you just walked?" lol
The chopper/helo had seen where I'd walked and that I'd taken photos of an RUC/Army road block, they mainly wanted to make sure I didnt have pics of faces and to see if I was insane I guess :)

I'm disappointed to this day that I didnt accept their offer of a ride in the armoured rover to a safe area.

My hat's off to you for a tough job, I have a mate or two that served there with the Brit Army.

Welcome aboard!

I was once subjected to a 'stop' by your RUC brethren in Belfast once, rather exhilarating with the rover mounting the curb at high speed to cut me off! lol

They were totally cool with me, the guy I was talking said "Do you know where you just walked?" lol
The chopper/helo had seen where I'd walked and that I'd taken photos of an RUC/Army road block, they mainly wanted to make sure I didnt have pics of faces and to see if I was insane I guess :)

I'm disappointed to this day that I didnt accept their offer of a ride in the armoured rover to a safe area.

My hat's off to you for a tough job, I have a mate or two that served there with the Brit Army.

Did it say FREE CANDY on the side? }:-)

Welcome to the site. You have a very interesting background, and, as Pardus says, you did a very difficult job. All the best to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back