Introduction

welcome

You might want to look at the members list and look at your name and the one below it.

no dig intended but are you related?

Choose a new name now and post it here on this thread.
An admin will change it ASAP.

ShockWave thank you sir

Don't call me Sir motherfucker, I work for a living.

Your name will be changed ASAP, thanks for the quick reply and welcome aboard.

Say hi to sandhill for me when you get there, you'll love it. Give it your best effort and keep your mouth shut, be the grey man. :2c:

And don't say sorry! Say you won't do it again. ;)

You learning?

Two lessons for free that will save you a lot of grief later on.

Good responses BTW, a good start, good attitude.

Any idea of when you ship?

Pardus, thank you for helping with the name issue, and sorry for calling you sir.
I will tell sand hill hello for you and thanks for the advice.

Again thank you for the advice. Anymore giveaways you have feel free to throw them my way. I am always looking to improve.

The Date on my orders says 20101109, but i have heard of a lot of people lately who have been getting their shipping dates changed. I am hoping that this does not happen to me, unless they want to let me go sooner, since i have already been waiting to ship since July.

I'm really looking forward going through the transition from Civilian to Soldier and will gladly take any Advice, Criticism (constructive or other), and maybe a little bit of verbal abuse, just so I can get used to it.

The transition between Civillian and Soldier sucks, it is not easy at all. Once you become a Soldier it's not a big deal.

You'll get plenty of abuse on Sandhill but it's really not hard, you may not realise that until later though.

Just keep telling yourself, "I don't have a choice, I will do what I am told".

One thing Ive found that allows people to quit is they ask themselves "Do I want to do this?" Wrong answer! "I have no option, I must do this!" Is the right answer.

People who quit are weak, mentally weak. Injuries are a whole other story.

When you give it all you have and think you can't go on, keep going on, you aren't even near half way to your body's fail point.

During a grueling uphill ruck in the bush once upon a time, I had a Soldier sit down, telling everyone he couldn't make another step.
I told him to get up and carry on, that I was just as exhausted as he was. He said "you look fine, you don't look exhausted" I told him that I was but I just wasn't letting everyone know I was exhausted.
He got up and finished the patrol with me.

:2c:

Again thank you for the advice. Anymore giveaways you have feel free to throw them my way. I am always looking to improve.

The Date on my orders says 20101109, but i have heard of a lot of people lately who have been getting their shipping dates changed. I am hoping that this does not happen to me, unless they want to let me go sooner, since i have already been waiting to ship since July.

I'm really looking forward going through the transition from Civilian to Soldier and will gladly take any Advice, Criticism (constructive or other), and maybe a little bit of verbal abuse, just so I can get used to it.

I like to think i can handle any challenge thrown my way. There is no such thing as impossible, I can do anything i set my mind to. I have recently learned that nothing in life that is worth having/getting is easy. I have also recently learned about my bodies ability to endure things even when my mind says it can't. Having said that, I never willingly stop performing, however my body sometimes cannot go on due to muscle failure. I never say "I can't", Instead I say "I can't yet".

"One thing Ive found that allows people to quit is they ask themselves "Do I want to do this?" Wrong answer! "I have no option, I must do this!" Is the right answer."

As for this I have found that if I say "Do I want this?" I help my self drive through the pain and exhaustion by asking myself right after "or do i want to go back to what I had before this?". Having lost 80 Pounds to be able to join the army, I find this to work well for me.

Great story man.

One thing I've picked up from my mil mates is that the NCOs are paid to be cunts but they aren't (always) once you're through it. Might be worth bearing in mind. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome aboard mate. You'll pick up some good stuff here.

One thing I've picked up from my mil mates is that the NCOs are paid to be cunts but they aren't (always) once you're through it.

Only during the initial training i.e. OUST for ShockWave.

After that a cunt is a cunt.

p.s. ShockWave, to Spit and my Commonwealth Brothers the term "cunt" is not a female derogatory term (despite what some of the chicks may say }:-) )but a term interchangeable for asshole here in the USA ok? You'll get used to us, you better, I'm going to be your King one day. :cool:

King Cunt, I think it has a good ring to it :D

But yes, I don't mean offence when I use it, it's just that sometimes it's the best way to describe how someone acts.

Back