Introduction

sprinter922

Non-Quitter
Verified Military
First of all, thank you for providing this wonderful resource to both veterans and civilians for those who support the men and women in these fields.

I am Shawn, a 20 year old male out of California. I've been a member of this site for over a year now, however it appears everything was wiped, and my post count is now 0 and I did not want to give the indication I hadn't posted an intro originally.

I enlisted into the Army on a Ranger contract when I was a junior in high school, 2008. After some obstacles, I graduated early and left for OSUT. They found out I had Scoliosis about 10 weeks into training, which I did not disclose to MEPS because of how minimal it was, which in the end got me medically discharged. A stupid, senseless mistake. What followed after that was a bureaucratic mess that lasted over 2 years. I've been in contact with the ADRB, every single branch, and gone through numerous waiver processes in persuit oif a military contract that would eventually get me to where I could try out for a special operations unit. I've undergone physical therapy additionally and received over 3 different doctor's letters. The Army continued not to accept my enlistment packet, because on my DD214's it is a general discharge, the same associated with anyone discharged so early into their contract. That is why I'm in contact with the Army Discharge Review Board and my congressman.

I came to this site originally seeking any info on enlistment. However, after years of paperwork, congressional assistance, waivers, and more; I received a contract with the US Navy. Because of my waivers it is not a special operations one, though I have no doubt I will earn myself the opportunity to try out for a unit in the near future. Listed below are my ongoing threads from armyranger.com and armyparatrooper.org that describe everything in detail that has happened . I have two mentors, one from each of those forums. Thank you for your time, service, and input.

http://www.armyparatrooper.org/dropzone/showthread.php/18056-Enlsitment-update-Mentor-request

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=48391

Back