Introduction

03cpl

Unverified
Hello All,

I've been looking through this forum for awhile and I've found a lot of good info here so I thought it was time to register. I'm a Marine Reservist 0311 in UT. I should be attending MARSOC A&S in August of this year. I'm excited for it and I feel like I am almost prepared physically, but I know I'm at a disadvantage because I'm a reservist... That said I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions between here and August.

Verified Military
Welcome aboard Marine.

Semper Fidelis.

Do you have to go AD to attend A&S? Is there an AD time requirement?

03cpl

Unverified
0699-
I'll be on active duty while I attend the prep course and A&S but I'm still a reservist unless I get selected. After that I know I have to sign a three year commitment but I'm not sure if that places me on Active Reserve status or changes my contract completely... I haven't gotten that far yet but I'll let you know when I get there. :)

Verified Military
0699-
I'll be on active duty while I attend the prep course and A&S but I'm still a reservist unless I get selected. After that I know I have to sign a three year commitment but I'm not sure if that places me on Active Reserve status or changes my contract completely... I haven't gotten that far yet but I'll let you know when I get there. :)

Makes sense. Thank you.