Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimbaktu

Unverified
Greetings all! I graduated college a year and a half ago with my B.S. in Art (a very applicable major) and have been researching the best path for me in the military since then. I took the ASVAB and did well, and am waiting on a waiver to hopefully sign an 18x contract for the Army. Now that my introduction is out of the way, I'll go back to lurking. Thank you all for your service and for allowing me to be a member of this messageboard!

Welcome

Try the mentoring section of our board, re-introduce yourself there and see how it goes.

LL

Will do. Thank you, sir.

Oh, NO... you didn't. The lack of SA is horrendous. You are a no-go at this station, return to the start of the lane and go through re-training and re-testing one more no go will be a failure of the courese without the ability to return and you will be placed in a position that reflects the needs of the Army.

Will do. Thank you, sir.

Words fail me.

Oh, NO... you didn't. The lack of SA is horrendous. You are a no-go at this station, return to the start of the lane and go through re-training and re-testing one more no go will be a failure of the courese without the ability to return and you will be placed in a position that reflects the needs of the Army.

The Troll is oh, so correct, Chimbatktu - your lack of SA is horrendous. There are those among us who will be your trainers in the future IF you should be able to get that elusive 18x contract. They WILL remember your lack of SA in this very simple environment.

A small suggestion. Do not post again on this board until you can list correctly at least 10 women that are members on this board, AND whether they are civilians, veterans or currently serving on Active Duty, or with the Reserves or National Guard.

LL

Greetings all! I graduated college a year and a half ago with my B.S. in Art (a very applicable major) and have been researching the best path for me in the military since then. I took the ASVAB and did well, and am waiting on a waiver to hopefully sign an 18x contract for the Army. Now that my introduction is out of the way, I'll go back to lurking. Thank you all for your service and for allowing me to be a member of this messageboard!
Chimbaktu. I reread your initial post more thoroughly after your response to my previous post.
Here are my questions for you - for which I expect a response AFTER you comply with my previous suggestion.
What is your concentration in Art, your preferred medium and where did you receive this degree?
Why has it taken you a year and a half to do your research and what else have you done in your life to make you to think you have any chance of joining the ranks of Special Forces?
What were your scores on the ASVAB?
Why are you needing a waiver for 18x?
You may PC the responses to them if you wish for PERSEC - I'm curious to see why you think you're capable of getting an 18x contract. I'm not seeing anything right now that says you'll make it past MEPS.
LL

Will do. Thank you, sir.

"Well... I know I am, but what are you?" :D:eek:

tranny_hot_mess_project_runway.jpg

Words fail me.

The Troll is oh, so correct, Chimbatktu - your lack of SA is horrendous. There are those among us who will be your trainers in the future IF you should be able to get that elusive 18x contract. They WILL remember your lack of SA in this very simple environment.

A small suggestion. Do not post again on this board until you can list correctly at least 10 women that are members on this board, AND whether they are civilians, veterans or currently serving on Active Duty, or with the Reserves or National Guard.

LL

Sorry ma'am. It took me a bit to realize that SA meant Situational Awareness and how exactly I had made a jackass out of myself.

As per your order:
1) 289otherhalf
Civilian
2) bfs-cat
Civilian
3) [URL='https://shadowspear.com/vb/members/cpl-ho.732/']https://shadowspear.com/vb/members/cpl-ho.732/Cpl Ho[/url]
Veteran
4) Dame
Civilian
5) Fritzy
Civilian
6) Gypsy
Civilian
7) LadyViper
Civilian
8) MeninaDoRio
Civilian
9) pegasus
Civilian
10)pgilbers
Civilian

Chimbaktu. I reread your initial post more thoroughly after your response to my previous post.
Here are my questions for you - for which I expect a response AFTER you comply with my previous suggestion.
What is your concentration in Art, your preferred medium and where did you receive this degree?
Interactive media design; web design; University of Southern Indiana

Why has it taken you a year and a half to do your research and what else have you done in your life to make you to think you have any chance of joining the ranks of Special Forces?
[url="https://shadowspear.com/vb/threads/first-post.9518/page-3#post-137164]explanation[/url]
What were your scores on the ASVAB?
AFQT: 96%
Army GT: 128
Why are you needing a waiver for 18x?
DUI arrest 07/2009. Resulted in a non-conviction. I've been told by all the branches that I would need a waiver for this.
You may PC the responses to them if you wish for PERSEC - I'm curious to see why you think you're capable of getting an 18x contract. I'm not seeing anything right now that says you'll make it past MEPS.
LL[/quote]

I go to MEPS on Thursday for my physical. Why do I think I am capable of qualifying as a SF operator? A lot of reasons: I am physically capable, a quick learner, and have been in several leadership positions. I could write a statement that equates to masturbation (which I've already had to do), but I'd much rather just prove myself through selection and qualification.

Sorry ma'am. It took me a bit to realize that SA meant Situational Awareness and how exactly I had made a jackass out of myself.

As per your order:
1) 289otherhalf
Civilian
2) bfs-cat
Civilian
3)Cpl Ho[/url]
Veteran
4) Dame
Civilian
5) Fritzy
Civilian
6) Gypsy
Civilian
7) LadyViper
Civilian
8) MeninaDoRio
Civilian
9) pegasus
Civilian
10)pgilbers
Civilian

Hmmm... and how exactly did you do your search?

Cuz they ain't all females...

And your skin is showing to be a bit thin. I'm the kinder gentler one on the board. And this ain't nuthin' compared to what I've been told you'll get in SFAS. If you can't handle it on an Internet forum, how do you think you'll handle it IRL?

You'll want to check your attitude. NOW. You haven't managed to even sign your name to a contract that gives Uncle Sam the right to do what he wants with you up to and including taking it from you. Just talked and researched it. Once you walk the walk that I walked waaaay before you were born, then you can cop an attitude.

LL

Hmmm... and how exactly did you do your search?

Cuz they ain't all females...

And your skin is showing to be a bit thin. I'm the kinder gentler one on the board. And this ain't nuthin' compared to what I've been told you'll get in SFAS. If you can't handle it on an Internet forum, how do you think you'll handle it IRL?

You'll want to check your attitude. NOW. You haven't managed to even sign your name to a contract that gives Uncle Sam the right to do what he wants with you up to and including taking it from you. Just talked and researched it. Once you walk the walk that I walked waaaay before you were born, then you can cop an attitude.

LL

I went through the member list and selected only those who listed themselves as females. However, I did screw up on Cpl Ho, as that was a copy/paste gone wrong and I didn't catch it before I hit submit. Here is an replacement:
3) Winnie
Veteran

I viewed many other profiles, but based off of the information given and their posts/threads I couldn't determine their service status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back