Introductions

Hows it going everyone, my name is Blaze. Im 15 years old, i have wanted to be a ranger since i was little. I will be enlisting right after graduation (17 years old) and will likely be doing so with an option 40 contract. Im here so i know how i can properly prepare myself and get ready not only for basic but also to crush RASP on the first try so i can spend as much time in Regiment as i can. I would just like to thank everyone in here for their future or past service and any advice they can give me.

Hey gents/ladies,

I am a former Navy guy who was a SEAL candidate for a very short time. To make a really long story short, I got med dropped and later got out to take care of a terminally ill parent. I originally came on this forum with aspirations to go SF. I love SF and it's mission, but I did more research and came to the conclusion that Ranger Regiment is really where I want to go. I am already in contact with a recruiter, but this damn COVID-19 has stalled any progress with my recruiter. I am hoping that I am eligible for an option 40 11x, but if not I am going to go 11x and volunteer at OSUT.

Thanks.

Hello all. My name is Donovan and I'm a prior service SGT at DLI for the 35M track. Upon inprocessing to DLI, I introduced myself to the 1SG, wherein he informed me I can tryout for a chance to join the 75th Ranger Regiment. However, along with being physically fit, I have to prove myself as a leader, which is understandable. If I'm good enough, I'll get a 4187. BLUF, I'm nowhere near where I need to be at, but I have an entire year plus 20 weeks to improve myself while attending school and additional MOS training. I have a solid, or what I think is solid, functional fitness program and a ruck plan. Would like to have a mentor guide me through additional things, keep an open dialogue, and keep me on the right track. This has been a dream of mine for a long time and I'm ready to do what is necessary.

Hello, I am an Active Duty 2LT 11A. I am currently the executive officer of an IBOLC company while I wait to recover from injuries. I have orders for 10th MTN, 3rd BCT in Ft. Polk.

Prior to joining the Army, I double majored in Computer Engineering and Applied Mathematics with a minor in Physics. I played D1 Rugby before getting a really bad concussion and switched to MMA.

I'm no PT stud and if there is one thing that IBOLC has taught me, it's that I'm incredibly injury prone compared to my peers. I am currently recovering from a severe stress injury in my hips and other issues with my knees and bones. I am currently running 3-5 miles every day, but I can only manage an 11 minute pace. When I was in cycle, I did manage to pass the first 5 mile in 39 minutes, I failed the second one with a 41:36 due to stress injuries and was then told to stop running. I have just started running distances over 1 mile again 2 weeks ago.

Being an XO sucks and the 25 m target is to be able to pass the 5 mile to finish up IBOLC and get in good enough shape to pass Ranger School which I am quite worried about. From what I hear, there is a good chance I will get stuck on staff if I do not pass Ranger School and I really do not want that.

Due to the amount of time I have spent at IBOLC, I am hoping that I will get enough time to do my PL time and apply to RASP II, but we'll see whether that's in the cards (worst case scenario I will have much more time as a CPT).

Hi all,
My name's Dylan. I'm a high school senior and am looking to sign an 11x contract after I turn 18 in a few months. I would go for the option 40 however I had a minor shoulder surgery a year ago that disqualifies me. From what I've researched it seems my best bet would be to volunteer at OSUT, the chances of which seem to be quite likely given what I've seen from the regiment's numerous recruiting accounts. I just need to make sure I'm a high performer at Basic and OSUT; I've read in a couple of threads here that there can be a limited number of 11x volunteer slots, so I wouldn't want to not get picked because my PT is subpar.

I mountain bike and go on runs all the time so I'm currently in pretty good shape, not where I need to be if I'm to make it through RASP though. I also recently purchased the Train Like a Ranger Program and plan on starting it as soon as I wrap up my first semester.

Back