Is Your Grass Greener?

Brill

SOF Support
I still have 2” of snow on the ground but cannot wait until it warms up so I can start my lawn care. I use a mix of chemicals for weeds and Milorganite for fertilizer.

I watch this guy and get some good tips.

I had a hell of a time with crabgrass and wild violets so I’m trying new stuff this year. My grass is mostly turf type fescue but am trying to make a volleyball court with something like a putting green.

What are TX and FL folks doing this time of year?

At our town home I water concrete (I've got a small 15x20 yard in the back with Bermuda), I'm one of those guys who cuts too short and let's it burn up so I don't have to keep cutting every two weeks.

At the ranch, native pastures with four legged lawn mowers.

I prefer to spend my time making money or drinking beer and barbecuing, and I'm too much of dick to hire someone to mow what little of a lawn I have. Basically use a old school powerless push mower and make the kids trim around the fence with a spade shovel... I know, I'm a dick.

We bought a house on an acre in October. About a third is fenced. Bad lawn maintenance, but it looks like it, at times, has been watered and mowed. Once the 18-22" of snow is gone we shall have an interesting time. :ROFLMAO:

No clue what kind of grass we're going to have/or use or how much effort we're going to put into the lawn. I'm just hoping that Troll doesn't become a Lawn Nazi... :-o

We did make a little progress in January... Bought a lawn mower on clearance... ;-)

LL

Meanwhile back to reality....

View attachment 26790

No grass for you!

A couple years ago we had to get our septic entirely replaced. Since then it's been hard as hell to get grass to grow in certain spots, and we have bare-ish spots that just don't drain well after rain. I get depressed with the aerating, overseeding, fertilizing, all to get....nothing.

I'm thinking of just pouring concrete in my front yard and painting it green.

Lush green color year' round - and plenty of extra parking without the fear of creating a mud-hole or killing the grass.

...of course the Home Owners Association would probably pray for my ruination if it didnt look exactly like every other yard in the neighborhood.

I had thought about artificial turf....I had even priced it out. Cheaper than sod.
And no maintenance too!
If you have dogs that will use it, there is plenty of maintenance. The smell can be a serious issue without treatment.
Worst part - many of the treatments are toxic.
I'm looking into tearing my turf out of the back yard and put in a little patch of sod I can just water with a hose.

Back