Islamic Group Asks Army to Deny 'Traitor' GI's Request for Conscientious Objector Sta

Chopstick

Verified Estrogen Brigade
Wow, this was a surprise but Im glad they went on record with their views.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/0...quest-conscientious-objector/?test=latestnews

An American Muslim organization is asking the U.S. Army to deny a Muslim soldier’s request for conscientious objector status, accusing him of treason and urging the military to punish him to the full extent of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Pfc. Naser Abdo, a 20-year-old infantryman who joined the Army one year ago, filed for conscientious objector status in June, saying his faith and the military don't mix. "As a Muslim, we stand against injustice, we stand against discrimination, and I feel it's my duty as an individual to do this," Abdo told FoxNews.com.

The Army has deferred his scheduled deployment to Afghanistan.

But the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD) says Abdo's claim is “patently false.”

"Muslims serve with distinction throughout the United States Military and AIFD sees Abdo’s traitorous public assertions as a slap in the face to all American Muslims especially those Muslims who fight in our armed forces for the liberty and freedom guaranteed by the American Constitution," the group said in a statement it issued on Friday.
Said Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, president of AIFD: “Abdo’s actions are an affront to every American Muslim who has proudly donned a U.S. military uniform. His assertions are not built on Islamic teachings but on a feeble adherence to the global political ideology of Islamism that threatens our security and radicalizes our Muslim youth.”

Abdo said that in addition to conflicting with his religion beliefs, his military duties were also consuming every part of his day and interfering with his religious duties. "I knew that if I went to Afghanistan and, God forbid, something were to happen, that my faith was so weak that I wouldn't be admitted into heaven," he said.

But AIFD on Friday called Abdo’s claim a cowardly attempt to use his faith to make a political statement and said it belies the religious experience of the vast majority of Muslim-American troops who have found the time to perform their spiritual rituals.

“The Military has made the application for CO status extremely clear so that soldiers, sailors and marines can not abuse the system and run from their military responsibility,” said Jasser, a former lieutenant commander in the United States Navy.

Fort Campbell spokeswoman Kelly DeWitt said Abdo's deployment had been deferred, but according to Army regulations he may be deployed to Afghanistan at any time like other members of his unit.

"The Army recognizes that even in our all-volunteer force, a soldier's moral, ethical or religious beliefs may change over time," an Army statement read. "The Army and Fort Campbell has procedures in place for soldiers who declare themselves to be conscientious objectors and who apply for conscientious objector status."

AIFD says it hopes the military denies Abdo’s claim and punishes him to the full extent of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The group is also asking other American Muslim organizations to speak out and make it clear that no loyal American Muslim should ever seek CO status.

Abdo's attorney, James Branum, says if Abdo's claim is denied, he can re-file with new evidence, seek to take the matter to a federal civilian court, refuse to deploy or drop the matter altogether. He acknowledged that Abdo could go to jail if he refuses to obey orders to deploy.

"We're trying to avoid that kind of showdown," Branum told FoxNews.com. "At this moment, Abdo is in a place where he's not going to violate his conscience."

Rock on AFID!

Fuck Abdo, prick volunteered for this then realised its hard and wants out, you'll get out alright, and straight into Leavenworth.

The AIFD website has some very interesting stuff. It looks like the sort of organization that steps forward to speak out against extremists instead of silently condoning (redundant?) anything labeled "Islamic." And oh my, would you look at that; they are from Arizona.

He is just today's misunderstood youth. I am sure his heart is in the right place. I was Lutheran once and then I found God, and became Catholic. Pray for him my children do not be to harsh on him. He without sin flush the first urinal on the left

Nice one Polar, hopefully this fucksticks head will be in it when flushed.

Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser is my kinda guy he's aced it.

If you're refering to Dr. Jasser, I agree with his opinion, end of story. What's my signature?

This is great to har. I really hope we start seeing more of these non-radical, mainstream Muslim organizations grow.
He sure is serious about his religion for having such "weak Faith":rolleyes:
PUSSY

I'm watching a movie/documentary right now by Dr. Jasser, called The Third Jihad. Just though I'd throw that out there for anyone who may be more interested in this man and his opinions, etc..
Name obviously rang a bell, thought it'd be fitting to post it on this thread, reviving it or not :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Third Jihad" by Dr Zuhdi Jasser is available on Netflix, for both DVD and instant streaming. :2c:

It's on the top of my list now, thanks Madness.

I'll have to check it out on Netflix. Recently fell in love with Netflix...a lot of National Geographic stuff just came out on there and there is some interesting stuff.

On a side note, I never quite understood why *ANYONE* would join the military and then "discover" they object to the projection of military power with tanks, bombs, and bullets.

Back