Israeli Hackers Retaliate

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military

Just a friendly reminder that we are officially living in the age of International Cyber Warfare.

Israeli hacker retaliates to credit card hacking

By Yolande Knell BBC News, Jerusalem

Last week a hacker, claiming to be from Saudi Arabia, published information about tens of thousands of Israeli credit cards online.

It was one of the worst incidents of data theft in Israel.

Experts say the attacks draw attention to the potential for virtual or cyber wars in the Middle East.
According to the AFP news agency, at least two Saudi credit card holders have confirmed that their personal details were compromised by the Israeli hacker, who identifies himself as OxOmer or "Omer Cohen".

They told AFP their banks had confirmed irregularities with their credit cards.
In an online posting on Tuesday entitled "Free Saudi's credit cards!", the Israeli hacker listed names, email addresses, phone numbers and numbers of over 200 cards, most of which were within their expiry dates.

Speaking to the Jerusalem Post, OxOmer is reported to have said, "This is just the beginning".
He told the newspaper he had information on a further 300,000 working Saudi credit card numbers. "If they publish one more little detail on Israel, we will attack in full force and publish all of the credit card details," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16526067

I still don't get why people STILL try to F with the Israelis. They always hit back harder than they were hit.

I still don't get why people STILL try to F with the Israelis. They always hit back harder than they were hit.

A strategy we should be using. However, since we're a country full of bleeding-heart pussies, I don't see it happening.

A strategy we should be using. However, since we're a country full of bleeding-heart pussies, I don't see it happening.
California. But I whole heartedly agree. I blame the media more than anyone though.

Hackers disrupt Israel's stock exchange, airline, banks

JERUSALEM — Hackers disrupted online access to the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, El Al Airlines and three banks on Monday in what the government described as a cyber-offensive against Israel.

The attacks came just days after an unidentified hacker, proclaiming Palestinian sympathies, posted the details of thousands of Israeli credit card holders and other personal information on the Internet in a mass theft.

Stocktrading and El Al flights operated normally despite the disruption, which occurred as Israeli media reported that pro-Palestinian hackers had threatened at the weekend to shut down the TASE stock exchange and airline Web sites.

While apparently confined to areas causing only limited inconvenience, the attacks have caused particular alarm in a country that depends on high-tech systems for much of its defense against hostile neighbors. Officials insist, however, that they pose no immediate security threat.

"They have demanded an apology for Israel's defensive measures," Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said on his Facebook page, alluding to the conflict with Palestinians.
"I am using this platform to send a clear message that ... they will not silence us on the Internet, or in any forum."

The First International Bank of Israel (FIBI) and two subsidiary banks, Massad and Otzar Hahayal, said their marketing sites had been hacked but that sites providing online services to clients were unaffected.

Israel's third-largest bank, Discount, said it had been spared attack, but that it was temporarily shutting down foreign access to its website as a precaution.

The Tel Aviv bourse website could only be accessed intermittently, but screen-based trading was not hit.

"There has been an attack by hackers on the access routes to the website," said Orna Goren, deputy manager of the exchange's marketing and communications unit. "The stockexchange's trading activities are operating normally."

El Al said it had taken precautions to protect the company site and warned of possible disruptions to its online activity.

There was no claim of responsibility for Monday's incidents.

However, the Islamist group Hamas, which governs the small Palestinian territory of Gaza, welcomed the attacks as a blow against the Jewish state, which it refuses to recognize.

"This is a new field of resistance against the Occupation and we urge Arab youth to develop their methods in electronic warfare in the face of (Israel's) crimes," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said in Gaza.
Israeli Information Minister Yuli Edelstein told a conference in Tel Aviv that the cyber attacks were part of a wider move to smear the country's reputation and "threaten Israel's economic stability and security."

"It's another episode in the war our enemies are conducting as a campaign of delegitimization to hit our pockets and lifestyle," he said, in reported comments confirmed by his spokesman.

"Israel must use all measures at its disposal to prevent these virtual dangers from turning into real threats and to prevent with all its force attacks against it and its institutions. Today it's credit card theft and toppling Web sites, and tomorrow it could be theft of security information and harm to infrastructure."

Israel opened an agency to tackle cyber attacks earlier this month. A founding member of the unit, Isaac Ben-Israel, said the country's most vital systems were already protected, but that incidents like the ones seen recently would only increase.

"As long as the systems are not guarded, any hacker anywhere in the world can break into them and do damage," Ben-Israel said on Israel Radio. "I believe that, done right, in a year or two, we will be able to wipe out all these hackers' threats."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46012902/ns/technology_and_science-security/#.TxRxivmqj0U

This is far from over.

The army should recruit these hackers for unit 8200. They would be able to do a lot more damage due to the resources they would be given.

Hi Aviv

By the nature of "hackers", they probably don't want the franework of the military. Anyway, where do you think they came from :-) (probably mamram, but not 8200)

What unit did you serve in? I saw your intro, but which unit?

H

Hi Aviv

By the nature of "hackers", they probably don't want the franework of the military. Anyway, where do you think they came from :-) (probably mamram, but not 8200)

What unit did you serve in? I saw your intro, but which unit?

H
Shaldag. You?

nice. Im not nearly as high speed as you in the army. I served in the old (pre Kfir) Duchifat and then in a Pulsar for Milluim.

nice. Im not nearly as high speed as you in the army. I served in the old (pre Kfir) Duchifat and then in a Pulsar for Milluim.

I only ended up in the unit more or less by accident. It wasnt the first choice I had. My younger brother is serving in Duchifat right now. He is supposed to go to bahad 1 soon for officer school.

Back