Jimmy Carter has entered at home hospice care

What kind of things has he done? I read part of a book where he described the mistreatment of Arab-Israelis and Palestinians by Israeli soldiers and worked on a peace deal but I'm not familiar with anything else.

What kind of things has he done? I read part of a book where he described the mistreatment of Arab-Israelis and Palestinians by Israeli soldiers and worked on a peace deal but I'm not familiar with anything else.
He is widely regarded as a hands-on humanitarian. Lots of work with Habitat for Humanity and in helping with human rights, trying to get hostages released, etc.

I'll remember him for wrecking the economy and for the totally unconscionable act of giving amnesty to Vietnam draft dodgers.

I've no love lost for Carter. I acknowledge his humanitarian philanthropy after his presidency and having the guts to try Eagle Claw.

But he presided over one of the worst economies in the last 50 years, oversaw the dismantling of our intelligence apparatus (which saw the deaths of many foreign assets), amnesty for draft dodgers... He was also mean as hell to his SS staff.

Post-presidency of Jimmy Carter - Wikipedia

Carter has been involved in a variety of national and international public policy, conflict resolution, human rights and charitable causes. In 1982, he established the Carter Center in Atlanta to advance human rights and alleviate human suffering. The non-profit, nongovernmental Center promotes democracy, mediates and prevents conflicts, and monitors the electoral process in support of free and fair elections. It also works to improve global health through the control and eradication of diseases such as Guinea worm disease, river blindness, malaria, trachoma, lymphatic filariasis, and schistosomiasis.[3][4][5][6][7][8] It also works to diminish the stigma of mental illnesses and improve nutrition through increased crop production in Africa.[citation ne

Jimmy was a populist president elected because of Watergate.
Jimmy is great humanitarian, and (IMO) Habit for Humanity is successful because of him.
He was a disaster as a President.
Amnesty for Draft Dodgers was a massive slap in the face to Veterans.
The current state of US-Iran relationship is in a large part because of him.
The Iranian military offered to remove Khomeini and he said no.
They deferred, and were executed or exiled by Khomeini and his minions.
IMO, Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom never would have happened if Khomeini had been removed.
He allowed the Shah of Iran to come here for cancer treatment. Our Embassy was breached, and taken over by "students " for a short period. State/Intel recommended closing the Embassy which the Shah was in the US. He said no, and the Iran Crisis was the result. Americans held hostage for 444 days.
OPEC and the gas shortage happened under his watch. This also resulted in Saudi Arabia having undo influence in America.
The Muriel boat lift happened under his administration. He ignored recommendations to stop and return the Cubans. Castro then opened prisons and released convicts and his mentality ill upon us.
Double digit inflation and interest rates killed the economy.
He authorized the rescue attempt, but a weakened military failed.
Some reports said he authorized the raid to save his re-election campaign.

Nice guy, but our lives are worse now because of him.

Jimmy is great humanitarian, and (IMO) Habit for Humanity is successful because of him.
IMO, Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom never would have happened if Khomeini had been removed.
He allowed the Shah of Iran to come here for cancer treatment. Our Embassy was breached, and taken over by "students " for a short period. State/Intel recommended closing the Embassy which the Shah was in the US. He said no, and the Iran Crisis was the result. Americans held hostage for 444 days.
OPEC and the gas shortage happened under his watch. This also resulted in Saudi Arabia having undo influence in America.
The Muriel boat lift happened under his administration. He ignored recommendations to stop and return the Cubans. Castro then opened prisons and released convicts and his mentality ill upon us.

Not so sure this is why Eagle Claw failed.

Totally agree with the rest. I would unplug his life support to charge my phone.

So...

What you're saying is he and tater in chief are tied for 1st? ;)

Back