Jump from RECON to SEAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy_Doc8404

Unverified
My question is if you are a RECON Corpsman and want to jump over to the SEAL Teams, in BUD/S do you still have to do Phases 2 and 3 since you have already done it with RECON or does it not count for the SEALs way of doing things?

Hell myeah you still gotta do that shit! You think you get a pass?

And you haven't done BUD/s phase 2 and 3 as a MSOB Corpsman.

Once more, with feeling

Just do it! I chuckle when I think about multiple times I'd venture into some other area of interest/M.O. specialty, and then there'd come the day when I'd commit to going back to reacquire my quals. At forty-two, after a very rewarding but non-diving tour, I found myself at Panama City, with class of new EOD trainees, most right out of high school. Does keep a guy young, but I was weathered and grey, and I sorta stuck out. You just gotta love it. It'll be easier on the flip side and, you can and must help, to motivate the uninitiated.
One morning, another PT. Motivation Check. We're down in the leaning rest, instructor comes over - crouches down, grinning, says, "Hey, Ol' Man, whatcha wanna be here for? Are you a glutton for punishment? You don' need this." I replied, something like, " It's training, Instructor, and it's all good!" The evolution continued.
mbr - BUD/S Class 79
I still miss it, glad to have been there.

Just think you get paid to shoot and practice kicking ass again. Besides, if you know that stuff, you can focus on learning something new from it the second go-round.

The two units have different missions; likewise, different SOPs. In UDT, we deployed with the ARGs overses - with the Marines' Battalion and Force Recon, aboard the same 'Gator freighters. We'd be berthed just up the passageway, so there was constant contact between the different units. Occasionally, we'd coordinate joint activities, like a day of jumps using the same 'bird, or some kind of a dive op. But differing SOPs, at the least, remained something of an issue.
That's why, like BUD/S, and in the more basic stages of training, you need that critical time with your class, to learn to walk n' talk the same.

what are your thoughts on marsoc? iam active seal corpsman pm if you have q.

I've often wondered the same thing myself; if it's possible to substitute a socom dive course for buds phase 2. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing not. Just from reading about phase 2 it seems that our two weeks total time on the drager is kind of paltry compared to what they do. I know if they cross train over our way buds phase 2 passes the requirement for a socom dive course.

Look at the CANTRAC for HM SPEC OPS TECH and it gives all the prereqs, fyi

Gommer Pile said:
Why wouldn't you have to do it? SEAL standards are more intensive than standard Recon. Plus, just do it everyone else has to do it why should you get a free pass...... Sorry if I come off as a bit of an ass its just my natural demenior.

You are in high school, digging up a thread from days past to offer advice/ insight/ opinion on a topic you have zero first-hand knowledge of and calling out a guy who has not only worn a uniform, but done so in a place where people are trying to kill him?

Is your post a joke or have you lost your mind?

Gommer Pile said:
Why wouldn't you have to do it? SEAL standards are more intensive than standard Recon. Plus, just do it everyone else has to do it why should you get a free pass...... Sorry if I come off as a bit of an ass its just my natural demenior.

You didn't come off as a bit of an ass....You are a huge fucking ass, you retarded fuckstick. Now shut the fuck up and quit posting you fucked up simpleton. Now move out smartly, or in your case just move out you fucking idiot bastard. What a dipshit. Don't back sass me either you Down water-head retarded fuck or I'll come put my boot on your neck that holds up that key rock you call a skull. Have a nice day wannabe.

Golden!

You didn't come off as a bit of an ass....You are a huge fucking ass, you retarded fuckstick. Now shut the fuck up and quit posting you fucked up simpleton. Now move out smartly, or in your case just move out you fucking idiot bastard. What a dipshit. Don't back sass me either you Down water-head retarded fuck or I'll come put my boot on your neck that holds up that key rock you call a skull. Have a nice day wannabe.

Thank you gentlemen... its always a breath of fresh air to read the well deserved ass chewings that get handed out around here. It's a nice break from iMAC toting trust fund babies that I have to interact with on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back