Jus Lil Ole Me

Pathfinder84

Unverified
The accent is southern and the font is Georgia...I just thought it was clever. Hey to all and thanks for taking a moment to learn a little about yours truly. My name is Gene and I am a retired Paratrooper and all around vagabond with a dubious reputation, most of which I've earned. The Infantry was my home inasmuch as it provided rain, sleet, hail, snow, mud, and searing heat...but seemingly no shelter. I have been stationed in a lot of places and have done a little of everything. If it was organic to an infantry platoon, I've fired it and I've humped it.

I have been assigned as a Pathfinder Team Leader, Squad Leader, Platoon Sergeant, Air Assault/IOBC Instructor, TAC NCO and G-3 Air NCOIC for the 10th Mountain Division. I served two tours in the Republic of Panama (over 5 years) and have been to many of the infantry professional schools...and I have to admit my favorites were The Pathfinder School at Ft. Benning and the Jumpmaster School ran by 3/7 SF at Ft. Sherman in Panama.

I don't have any particular claim to fame except that I have prepared many soldiers for combat. Some have gone and of those who have gone that I am aware of, all have returned and have made me proud. Most importantly, they have returned...though not complete in a couple of cases. A man can't ask for much more than that.

Semper Primus

Back