Ken Block dead.

An absolute legend. Everything he's done with a car and dies because his snowmobile fell on him.

Blue Skies

An absolute legend. Everything he's done with a car and dies because his snowmobile fell on him.

Blue Skies
It’s crazy the amount of people that die like this. MotoGP legend Nicky Hayden was killed on a bicycle or scooter, can’t remember. Schumacher had that skiing accident.

It’s crazy the amount of people that die like this. MotoGP legend Nicky Hayden was killed on a bicycle or scooter, can’t remember. Schumacher had that skiing accident.
Yeah, just crazy accidents. Although, Schmacher didn't die, just massive brain injury -- it's actually his birthday today. And then you have whatever crazy situation that caused Jeremy Renner to get run over by a snowcat yesterday. Life is dangerous.

If this was somebody like Travis Pastrana I'd agree, but Block was in a pretty safe sport (comparatively) and didn't really do to many super risky things. Think he was pushing 40 with kids when he first started racing.

Seems like he wasn't even doing anything crazy at the time. Just had his snowmobile tip on top of him and got pinned under it. Fucking awful accident all around.

The Wasatch County Sheriff's Office in Utah confirmed Block's death in a statement published on Facebook. Block was riding on a steep slope in the Mill Hollow area outside Woodland, Utah at around 2:00 p.m. when his snowmobile "upended, landing on top of him," police said. Block was riding with a group but alone at the time of the incident. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

If this was somebody like Travis Pastrana I'd agree, but Block was in a pretty safe sport (comparatively) and didn't really do to many super risky things. Think he was pushing 40 with kids when he first started racing.

Seems like he wasn't even doing anything crazy at the time. Just had his snowmobile tip on top of him and got pinned under it. Fucking awful accident all around.
Yeah, not a particularly great way to go. I don't know the specifics of his accident but, based on the description, my guess is it pinned him in deep snow. There's nothing to push against to provide leverage and there's no air -- essentially you end up suffocating unless someone can dig you out.

Back