Let's see that shooter

:D
I was waiting for that...yes, I was in cadets at school.

Check 2nd from left, mid pic. Pardus in gay mode. Lerv that low slung webbing.

Part of the Zombie defense system:

MR42wTP.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

Sweet Mary mother of God, an MG-42 Schweres!!! I'd love to hear one of those fire live.
How hard is it to get the 7.92mm ammunition for it Hollis?

Sweet Mary mother of God, an MG-42 Schweres!!! I'd love to hear one of those fire live.
How hard is it to get the 7.92mm ammunition for it Hollis?

No, for a while there was tons of 8mm and cheap. That did not help me, that one is converted to 7.62 Nato. It is a WWII MG42, with waffenfabric (SP?) cartouches.

Both are also converted to semi-auto. The 1919 was the easiest to build, just ate up a lot of carbide cutters to machine it. The MG42, had to be converted to closed bolt. The fire control is from a AR 15.

No, for a while there was tons of 8mm and cheap. That did not help me, that one is converted to 7.62 Nato. It is a WWII MG42, with waffenfabric (SP?) cartouches.

Both are also converted to semi-auto. The 1919 was the easiest to build, just ate up a lot of carbide cutters to machine it. The MG42, had to be converted to closed bolt. The fire control is from a AR 15.

I do love the MG42,would love to fire one sometime.
I have an MG34 that I'm thinking about rebuilding, have to do it soon before they are banned :(

I do love the MG42,would love to fire one sometime.
I have an MG34 that I'm thinking about rebuilding, have to do it soon before they are banned :(

The building is the easy part, it is the close bolt conversion and fire group that is hard. Took me, with lot of down time, about 3 years to finish the MG42.

The 1919 was the easiest and the kits are still available. IN 2005, the Feds past a barrel ban. The 1919 does not fall under that ban.

Where I screwed, when I bought the MG42 kit, 8mm was difficult to get. So I made bought the .308 kit. Also I missed the $100 yugo MG42 kits, I was going to get one, so I could shoot both 8mm and .308 in the German MG42.

It is amazing, how much kits have gone up. I was able to build a AK for about $120 5 years ago.

This is my daughter 5 years ago, when she was 9, with a AK I built for her. I also built one for my son.

I don't have the capability to do the build myself, I will probably use TNW in Oregon, they will build my kit for $2700 IIRC, there is an outfit in MD that sell a semi MG42 for $2500.

Ammo is a concern, i'd rather have them chambered in 7.62x54R as it's cheap and plentiful.

The building is the easy part, it is the close bolt conversion and fire group that is hard. Took me, with lot of down time, about 3 years to finish the MG42.

The 1919 was the easiest and the kits are still available. IN 2005, the Feds past a barrel ban. The 1919 does not fall under that ban.

Where I screwed, when I bought the MG42 kit, 8mm was difficult to get. So I made bought the .308 kit. Also I missed the $100 yugo MG42 kits, I was going to get one, so I could shoot both 8mm and .308 in the German MG42.

It is amazing, how much kits have gone up. I was able to build a AK for about $120 5 years ago.

This is my daughter 5 years ago, when she was 9, with a AK I built for her. I also built one for my son.

Ammo is a concern, i'd rather have them chambered in 7.62x54R as it's cheap and plentiful.

Problem is that the cases are rimed, The case is pushed forward. Also 8mm and .308 has bascially the same head to case. So no bolt head modification is necessary. The feed tray needs to be modified.... and without saying the barrel chambered properly.

I don't know if you checked on Ruskie prices, they gone up too.

Yeah, I really wanted to get my Bren gun built but they are just too expensive to buy at the moment and I can't find anyone to weld my receiver.

Apparently to convert them to the 54R ammo all that is needed is a different barrel and bolt face.

Yeah, I really wanted to get my Bren gun built but they are just too expensive to buy at the moment and I can't find anyone to weld my receiver.

Apparently to convert them to the 54R ammo all that is needed is a different barrel and bolt face.

I built a dummy bren. There is/was a company in Georgia, that made semi-auto ones. I could not figure how to make a close bolt on that one.

I have a RPD, I am converting, I have the design of the closed bolt down, it is the fire group that I am hung up on.

Bren.jpg

Kimber Grand Raptor II and misc. junk.

Attachments

• PIC-0265.jpg
    PIC-0265.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 117
  • PIC-0268.jpg
    PIC-0268.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 109
Ok, looks like there are some great looking weapons here! I would like to add some of mine.

Here are some of the 1911's I have. Top is a Colt 1991A1 (added a beavertail grip safety, ambi safety and commander hammer). Middle is a Taurus PT1911 (shoots damn good). Bottom is my off duty carry, a Kimber Ultra Carry (stag handles, night sights).

Good shooters all!

Attachments

• 1911's.jpg
    1911's.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 106
Here are three that I am proud of. Top two belonged to my Grand Pa, Chicago PD Officer of the Old School. A .38 BodyGuard with pearl handles and a Colt Commando .38spec (chromed at a bumper shop, I know its pimpy. Story to follow). Bottom one is my Great Uncles, he also CPD. Its a nickle S&W with hand made pearl inlayed grips. Also has a floral tooled holster that he carried on duty.

My Grand Pa could not afford a new revolver, but wanted something similiar to my Uncles. So, my Dad was seeing my Mother at the time. Dad was into cars (ended up owning his own shop later) and had the S&W taken apart and chromed at a bumper repair place (back in the days of old when cars had real bumpers!) Carried for duty untill he passed away before retirement. Sorry to say, that its also before I was born.

Attachments

• GrandPa's.jpg
    GrandPa's.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 91
Cabbage, That's some cool weaponry and what fantastic history.
You have a lot to be proud of on both counts Bro! Very cool.
:D

Hey, also, I don't think the chrome is pimped...not on those weapons. I'm picturing a Chicago Policeman pulling out that Bad MF in some scenario...not pimped at all, bro!
Very REAL-American.

Thanks, AG! I am glad that I have people to share that story with. Ones that can appreciate it.

I believe in passing history forward. The telling of the story helps me get closer to my Grand Pa. I am the only one in the family to follow in his footsteps in Law Enforcement and never a day goes by that I hope that I am doing him proud!

Back