Let's see that shooter

Pretty happy with how things turned out between the new belt, transitioning from the RMR to the ACRO P2, and going from the H-2 to the Comp M5.

pB177uc.jpg

X7BHK8Y.jpg

The Shield was my very first carry gun. I still have it. In the age of micro subcompacts with single stack mags holding a higher capacity, my Shield 1.0 still shoots better than the guns that the internet opines that it should have been replaced by. Whatever, lol.

It has been replaced by the 43X MOS but still will stay in my stable because it's a backup just in case there are issues with my 43X... And guess what? I had a recent issue with my 43X that was red dot manufacturer related. So an RMA was done and it has to go all the way back to England to be repaired or replaced by. Ten rounds is great versus the M&P's seven round. But accuracy stock irons to irons, the Shield wins not even a contest. But with the red dot, the 43X would win hands down.

After taking a few courses, I am now of the opinion that if the gun is to be carried, it needs to be the one that shoots the best in your hands and in the most optimal carry position (appendix). Capacity is great and all but what's the point if you are missing the CNS? Besides, I always carry a spare mag. Most of those who push for higher capacity also do not carry a spare mag and I can say that because many happen to be my friends, so I definitely see the ignorance in this correlation from personal experiences and of the note that many whom also push for the most ammunition carried in one mag ever, also don't run their guns and instead their mouths.

I also shot the 45 2.0 Shield, very nice.

I tried uploading a photo but it was too large and my photo hosting link would not show up from imgur...interesting, lol.

Last edited:
My youngest kid has a Shield and I shot his and liked it. The new Plus model has a better grip on it. Yeah, I'm diggin the Fag 9, gentlemen. I got 13 bullets in that bad dog. However...my go-to home defense gun is still my beloved Springfield Armory 1911A1 full size.

Seven is all I need. If I need any more than that, I don't deserve to win the fight.

My youngest kid has a Shield and I shot his and liked it. The new Plus model has a better grip on it. Yeah, I'm diggin the Fag 9, gentlemen. I got 13 bullets in that bad dog. However...my go-to home defense gun is still my beloved Springfield Armory 1911A1 full size.

Seven is all I need. If I need any more than that, I don't deserve to win the fight.
I'm thinking about getting a Shield. I have a fullsize M&P but it's kind of large for concealed carry or a backup gun.

Test picture. Let me know if it shows up or not. And yes, that is my own range on my own property that I usually shoot from a bagged rest sometimes.

dsfecjk.jpg

Funny. When I quote your post, it shows up (ETA: it shows in my preview of the post for me, but not once I submit the post). But, it doesn't show up just looking at your post. @Ooh-Rah

Back