Let's see that shooter

This what I am rolling with for now. Not a fan of this particular appendix and am patiently waiting for Tulster to come out with their own light bearing AIWB.

Attachments

• 20240726_114134 - Copy.jpg
    20240726_114134 - Copy.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
I am running the Safariland Incog X. So far so good.
Incog X® IWB Holster
I've thought of that one but it really looks chunky and I'm a bit of minimalist when it comes to holsters. So far Tulster has set the bar really high for me when it comes to AIWB. But I haven't ruled the INCOG completely out.

Fun fact: The Tenicor I am using pictured that I am not fond of? The female agent that was struggling to re holster during Trump's assassination attempt? Also a Tenicor but was OWB.

Man has this escalated ever since ordering the AK-V yesterday afternoon. Went on a shopping frensy for it of sorts this morning:

PSA modified for AK-V ALG trigger
Midwest Industries fixed beam folding Alpha stock
Midwest Industries Tailhook brace adapter for Alpha stocks
Gearhead Tailhook Mod 1C
Lead Faucet Tactical Brokos Brace
esstac Shooter's Belt
esstac Skorpion/AK-V double short Kiwis
Unobtanium Gear Pistol Sleds
HSG Micro Grip belt liner

I already have an over abundance of red dots which is a first for me so I should be good on that one strangely enough. Not sure if I'll be adding a light or not but I do have an X300U B on hand just in case until something else is decided upon or not.

I used to spend way too much on the hobby, but I've become more of a minimalist. I still have a few hobby guns, but I mostly just have my tool guns I practice with. I now kinda feel that I'll just get good and maintain with what I have.
Actually I had cut down on the AR15's by over three quarters of what I had and have thinned everything but one precision and one SBR for tools, but the clones of what I was issued (m16A1, M16A2, and the M4) and what the wife was issued, an A2, is staying for nostalgia.

I was getting distracted by the 87 different permutations of and was also getting burnt out on both the AR15 and AR10 platforms. So I got rid of every AR10/LR308 large frame that I had but one, and got rid of every AR15 that but the clones and her work rifle and my work rifle and our precision SPR type.

Now I get reference guns to collect and be range toys only. I no longer am getting distracted and going to the ranges no longer feels like a second job.

I did the same with handguns too. I thinned out a lot of Glocks. I decided that the G45 MOS is the main jam. last match I was in I had suffered from going back an forth between carry ammo zeroes and range fodder ammo and forgetting to rezero back to practice ammo before the match and I payed for it. Now I run only one ammo through it that is matched top the POI's that my carry ammo is and the other stuff I use for the fun range toy guns.

I no longer have to worry about ammo matching my G45 and use it for the range toys and also no longer worried about using my G45 ammo on other guns and worried about using too much of it.

I'm a lot more happier this way.

With the price of ammo and reload supplies now, its harder to justify spending on shit I don't need. Ammo control is the new gun control.
I used to be a factory only, then went to reloading only, then went to doing both.

I thankfully stocked up with both sides after learning a hard lesson after Sandy Hook scare cooled off. I am really very set. I still buy a case a month of something, never have ran dry or close to it.

I do remember the ones online pre Sandy Hook and pre Covid/Floyd/Elections whom were obtuse thinking that another scare could ever happen again or be as worse as Sandy Hook, were often mouthy and smack talking reloaders or those whom were piling away cases like corwood.

"My time is money!"

"You don't need all of that, what are you a prepper loony?"

Both types of the above were suddenly begging for folks to sell them ammo at rock bottom prices afterwards. You'd even see rants from those whom were underprepared getting mad at someone for buying things decades ago that is somehow and someway their fault for the ammo shortages....lol, nice straw man bud, haha but pound sand.

🙄

I want the conceal carry holsters I see in the movies....

You know the one....you see the character wearing very close fitting jeans and polo shirt not printing shit....he produces a full size Sig 226 from under his shirt somewhere...reloads from magazine pouches somewhere on his waist area....

...cut back to the character after the firefight....pistol and mag pouches have disappeared.

@SgtUSMC8541

What was your zero done for? A San Fran retired swat cop whom was issued the MP5 back in the 80's told me to do it at 25 and learn holds for 100 and to not go further past unless it's an emergency if I cannot get away from the danger.

Gunsite master instructors were saying 100, same with a retired 18B weapons SGT whom was issued an MP5.

I remember seeing your magnifier and got it correct that this was for zeroing. Was it at 100 though?

I've been offered some crazy to me things that's been cerakoted before and nothing I'd be interested in. I always try not to be disrespectful but for me it takes value away. Like a person stipling or paying for it and thinking that it's worth extra, haha.

Something cool and not stipled is M81, OCP, even DCU. Heck even dark multicam even.

@SgtUSMC8541

What was your zero done for? A San Fran retired swat cop whom was issued the MP5 back in the 80's told me to do it at 25 and learn holds for 100 and to not go further past unless it's an emergency if I cannot get away from the danger.

Gunsite master instructors were saying 100, same with a retired 18B weapons SGT whom was issued an MP5.

I remember seeing your magnifier and got it correct that this was for zeroing. Was it at 100 though?
Well war fighting is diffrent than civy use. I do 30 yds.... this is my "truck gun" so I figure I need to accurately reach just over about 7.5 lanes of traffic. In AZ, you can find yourself on a highway with up to 10 odd lanes... need more distance I'll use a hold.

Picked up the AK-V earlier this past afternoon. Went home and did a test fire off the deck, a half hour later my neighbor decided to walk over as I usually do it with a can so he guessed right that I got a new gun. I'm pretty sure he is going to be ordering one for himself soon enough as he's an AK fanatic.

ACRO P2 showed up for this, decided to get a BCM optic riser for it from Primary Arms, but I also ordered a Scalarworks LEAP ACRO mount because I might be able to still use the irons in a pinch if it's a true see through. Doesn't hurt to have both anyways.

Also went ahead and ordered the JMAC 8" handguard set, no pics yet. I want everything to be here and installed for the first sets.

I want the conceal carry holsters I see in the movies....

You know the one....you see the character wearing very close fitting jeans and polo shirt not printing shit....he produces a full size Sig 226 from under his shirt somewhere...reloads from magazine pouches somewhere on his waist area....

...cut back to the character after the firefight....pistol and mag pouches have disappeared.

Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg

I've finally had to resort to an unmarked Sneaky Pete outside-the-clothing holster.

Unknown-2.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg

It's not a perfect solution, but it's a pretty good one. I wear it often and so far nobody's given it the slightest attention.

Last edited:
I've got pancake holsters, shoulder holsters, leather belt holsters, IWB holsters etc etc and nothing is truly satisfactory. (Sonny Crockett down in Miami must've had an air conditioned sport coat).

View attachment 45776
Great, now I have the Miami Vice theme song stuck in my head, on repeat with the bass jacked up.

Thanks.

-_-

Back