Living 75th Ranger to be Awarded MOH

A great award for a great Ranger! :thumbsup:

I saw on the news that Gurkha Cpl. Dipprasad Pun, 31, who single-handedly fought off at least a dozen Taliban insurgents which had attacked his base in Afghanistan, receive the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross from the Queen yesterday! :thumbsup:

A great award for a great Ranger! :thumbsup:

I saw on the news that Gurkha Cpl. Dipprasad Pun, 31, who single-handedly fought off at least a dozen Taliban insurgents which had attacked his base in Afghanistan, receive the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross from the Queen yesterday! :thumbsup:

That is good, I remember reading about him.

What a freaking badass, gets shot and keeps fighting/leading, gets his hand blown off and keeps fighting/leading, survives his wounds and stays in Ranger Regiment! What an amazing soldier!:thumbsup:

Dietz has made a painting of Petry: http://www.pointeduhocfoundation.com/sfc-petry-congressional-medal-of-honor-print.html

This print commemorates the actions of SFC Leroy Petry and his fellow Rangers who performed gallantly in the face of overwhelming adversity. It is a celebration of the trials and tribulations of courageous men who have spent 10 continuous years at war. SFC Petry and the Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment represent generations of volunteers who live by a creed, set the highest of standards, and represent all that is great in America. Their heroic actions and sacrifice earn them a place in a gloried history that includes Rangers named Rogers, Mosby and Merrill warriors who marched to the sound of guns fully knowing the hazards of their chosen profession.

Awesome job from a Great Soldier!

SFC Petry on the Daily Show

I haven't always been a fan of Jon Stewart and don't watch his show but I was impressed by the way he was in this interview.
Petry is a cool mofo.

Back