Local helo down with fatalities

Devildoc

Verified Military
One of my hospital's helo's went down in eastern North Carolina, no survivors. I do not know the pilot, but I know all the nurses.

Big crap sandwich for the families, the program, and the hospital.

Jesus what the fuck is going on with airframes going down in the MIL/LEO/EMS community?

Jesus what the fuck is going on with airframes going down in the MIL/LEO/EMS community?

I was having this conversation earlier. It seems like when I was in the military, and a military aircraft went down, it was a big deal but we shrugged it off as part of the job. With law enforcement and EMS and Hospital aircraft, it just doesn't seem to make sense, it's harder to wrap your head around it.

So terribly sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with their families, friends, and loved ones.

Prayers out to the families, friends, and all the co-workers who have been touched by this tragedy.

Sorry for the loss of your friends, @Devildoc!

I hate crashes....

I was having this conversation earlier. It seems like when I was in the military, and a military aircraft went down, it was a big deal but we shrugged it off as part of the job. With law enforcement and EMS and Hospital aircraft, it just doesn't seem to make sense, it's harder to wrap your head around it.

I've read somewhere that EMS helos in the US have a far higher accident rate than GA operators (like a bigger difference than takes into account hours flown etc).

Back