Longstreet at Gettysburg

MIkeH92467

Unverified
The Battle of Gettysburg was one of the key events in the Civil War and the conduct of the various Generals on both sides has been controversial ever since. Two books by Cory M. Pfarr examine the role of confederate General James Longstreet. The first, "Longstreet at Gettysburg: A Critical Reassessment" came out in 2019 and the second "Righting the Longstreet Record at Gettysburg: Six Matters of Controversy and Confusion" came out in the early fall. Both have been very well received by Civil War scholars and buffs. So what's the point? They are both now available in audiobook form (narrated by me). I will be happy to give a code for a free download for either book to the first person from either the U.S. or U.K. who sends me a direct message. All I would ask in return is that you write an honest review of the book (content and performance) and post it on Audible. You will need an Audible membership, but it's free to sign up. It's just a small "thank you" to all of you for all the work you do and for allowing to be part of this community.

The Battle of Gettysburg was one of the key events in the Civil War and the conduct of the various Generals on both sides has been controversial ever since. Two books by Cory M. Pfarr examine the role of confederate General James Longstreet. The first, "Longstreet at Gettysburg: A Critical Reassessment" came out in 2019 and the second "Righting the Longstreet Record at Gettysburg: Six Matters of Controversy and Confusion" came out in the early fall. Both have been very well received by Civil War scholars and buffs. So what's the point? They are both now available in audiobook form (narrated by me). I will be happy to give a code for a free download for either book to the first person from either the U.S. or U.K. who sends me a direct message. All I would ask in return is that you write an honest review of the book (content and performance) and post it on Audible. You will need an Audible membership, but it's free to sign up. It's just a small "thank you" to all of you for all the work you do and for allowing to be part of this community.

Very cool. I hated running/rocking Longstreet Rd at Bragg, especially during Division runs.

Have "they" renamed the road? Something like Pink Fuzzy Bunny Street or Jared From Subway Lane?
'
It's no longer Longstreet Road - now it's just 'Long Street' because it's a pretty long street. Long Street isn't any longer than it was when it was Longstreet Road and depending on how you pronounce it, Longstreet and Long Street are almost the same - but they're different - even though they are mostly the same. One was a road and the other is a street. Not that it really matters, but a street is usually found in a city or town, and therefore often has houses or buildings on both sides. A road can be in the countryside and might go through a forest or field. They're basically the same - they are both hard, flat surfaces on the ground for vehicles, people, or animals to travel on - but there are differences...

Sort of like the way that "Miracle Whip" is salad dressing - it isn't mayonnaise and even though Helmans IS mayonnaise, it is very often used as a salad dressing (like in tuna, chicken, egg, potato, or macaroni), and Miracle Whip is often put on a ham sandwich the way you would normally use mayonnaise.

So yes - "they" renamed the road.
They renamed Longstreet Road to Long Street.

Last edited:
'
It's no longer Longstreet Road - now it's just 'Long Street' because it's a pretty long street. Long Street isn't any longer than it was when it was Longstreet Road and depending on how you pronounce it, Longstreet and Long Street are almost the same - but they're different - even though they are mostly the same. One was a road and the other is a street. Not that it really matters, but a street is usually found in a city or town, and therefore often has houses or buildings on both sides. A road can be in the countryside and might go through a forest or field. They're basically the same - they are both hard, flat surfaces on the ground for vehicles, people, or animals to travel on - but there are differences...

Sort of like the way that "Miracle Whip" is salad dressing - it isn't mayonnaise and even though Helmans IS mayonnaise, it is very often used as a salad dressing (like in tuna, chicken, egg, potato, or macaroni), and Miracle Whip is often put on a ham sandwich the way you would normally use mayonnaise.

So yes - "they" renamed the road.
They renamed Longstreet Road to Long Street.

Thank you Box for giving Kamalas point of view. It was both educational and stroke inducing. ;)

Back