looking for 500yd or longer range near atlanta

bear creek outpost

Unverified
i am a former marine looking for a 500 yard or better range near atlanta ga . i am self taught in long range shooting and have been looking for a range to set up my drop chart for my long range rifle. i am told that warner robbins afb has a 1000 yd range and it is open to civilians to some extent but have no idea how to contact anyone to get access. anybody have info on it or others nearby.

River Bend... 600 yd with potentially challenging winds. Find a member (new membership is currently closed) and go to it. There are a few members at just about any American Legion post that are usually happy to go out there for the price of ammo or a few beers. They also shoot several of the NM courses there once a month that are open to the public.

RBGC

There's a 800-yard range in Lexington, Ga., due east of Atlanta, kinda close to SC. Gun Site Hills. I do not know how close it is to Atlanta otherwise.

i am a former marine looking for a 500 yard or better range near atlanta ga . i am self taught in long range shooting and have been looking for a range to set up my drop chart for my long range rifle. i am told that warner robbins afb has a 1000 yd range and it is open to civilians to some extent but have no idea how to contact anyone to get access. anybody have info on it or others nearby.

BCO - for readability and credibility- for professionalism - use proper capitalization and punctuation. Typing on a phone is not an excuse, you haven't posted a lot, but I'm sure you've read enough to know that's something with which we have issues.

ETA- your post made my eyes bleed,because spacing and other stuff. do you know what I mean?please refrain from doing it in the future. kbailol.

did you mean ( because OF spacing and other stuff) ? sorry but that lack of proper typing made it difficult to understand your comment . made my brain smoke . sorry for offending the grammar police. i wont be posting again. feel free to remove me as a member of the forum . there was a reason i stopped posting on this forum for so long , and now i remember why .

did you mean ( because OF spacing and other stuff) ? sorry but that lack of proper typing made it difficult to understand your comment . made my brain smoke . sorry for offending the grammar police. i wont be posting again. feel free to remove me as a member of the forum . there was a reason i stopped posting on this forum for so long , and now i remember why .

FWIW, one of the reasons you may be posting on here, and getting butt hurt if people criticize you, is that you care about being heard and understood. I'd be surprised if I were wrong about that.

Text that is poorly punctuated and contains errors is difficult to read and understand. Guidance given on proper technique is done so with regard to the membership understanding what you're trying to communicate.

Look up any study in a professional science journal, for instance. The authors are careful to present their writing in a proper way not just to be understood but to appear professionally competent, and those aren't even people who write for a living.

I may be biased here as an English undergrad major, but if a piece of writing is difficult to follow or understand then I'm likely to not get the point or stop reading altogether.

$.02

...there was a reason i stopped posting on this forum for so long , and now i remember why .
Was it because it's a military forum and you're a civilian windbag who lacks the publicly available education needed to use punctuation and capitalization?

Or was it because you lack a minimal amount of fortitude and can't handle minimal criticism?

Either way, these are your problems.

OK, The guy can't write any better than a middle school student, and it seems he will never understand what difference it will make. His writing has not changed in 22 posts, and I doubt it ever will; a bigger dog pile won't make any difference either.

So...........back to the OP, or do not respond.

Hey there fellow Georgian. If you are looking for shooting advice and range recommendations then check this site out. Best of luck to you in future endeavors. Sorry you didn't receive a warm welcome here. They don't really care about grammar on the ODT and punctuation is simply a suggestion. But here you go. Link to Georgia Gun Trading forum.

Recent Posts | The Outdoors Trader

Back