Looking for a subcompact pistol

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I know that I am walking into a potential minefield here, but here goes.

I’m seeking a S/C that I can easily slip into a front pocket or more likely, tuck into a pocket of one of the assorted shoulder bags I carry every day.

I’ve eliminated.380 as I have just not had a lot of success shooting that caliber.

After significant research I’ve narrowed my choices down to 3:

Smith & Wesson M2.0 Shield

Sig Sauer P365.

Walther PPS M2

Thanks for anything you can share.

Last edited:
I've heard really good things about the Shield in 9mm, although I've never owned one myself. Out of all the ones you listed (and I'm pretty unfamiliar with all of them, frankly), the Shield is the one I'd go with.

M&P Shield M2.0 | Smith & Wesson

I agree.

My youngest son has the M&P Shield 9mm and is very happy with it’s performance and concealability...in fact I just shot it two days ago and was impressed. Good carry gun and the price is right, about $450.

Don Hume makes a number of configurations of leather holsters for it, very affordable...My kid is toned up, wears kinda tight shirts and carries his in a right side OWB leather belt holster and doesn't print. I think his holster cost less than $30 and it's a perfect fit.

S&W M&P Shield Holster Options

@Ooh-Rah I’m somewhat in the same boat as you. For what it’s worth, a lot of shooters seem to love the P365, and especially the 365XL because it’s large enough to accommodate a full grip while also being subcompact. Plus the sight plate is removable so you can easily mount an optic. I’ll probably get one as soon as my LGS has one in stock.

I scoured the many local gun shops this morning for a 365; to include Cabela’s. Nothing. For months.

Heading home I stopped by Fleet Farm - Bingo!

Sold me their display model...it’s been in the case since last evening! LOL

Doing the paperwork now.

I scoured the many local gun shops this morning for a 365; to include Cabela’s. Nothing. For months.

Heading home I stopped by Fleet Farm - Bingo!

Sold me their display model...it’s been in the case since last evening! LOL

Doing the paperwork now.

If it’s not at Fleet Farm, you don’t need it.

I've got an M&P 9c, from before the M2s came out. Great little pistol, kicks like a mule, fits into a pocket no problem (assuming you aren't wearing skinny jeans...).

So in the orangy circles, we have individual letters in hiragana. Then under those, still in the upper partition, are numbers. Then below the partition some kanji-heavy cursive. The images look like mon (Japanese family crest, more or less) to me.

I'll take a crack at cracking the cursive code later. I hope the text is all cool and like family words or ancient proverbs. It'd be awesome for the text to be as cool as these things look.

Thanks for sharing!

Back