LRS POC

03er

Unverified
Afternoon Gents,

I'm looking to link up with a NG LRS unit. I've combed the LRS discussions and have been unable to find a LRS POC IVO Washington, DC. I recently called the 104th LRS out of Pennsylvania only to be told they were no more. Furthermore, my attempts to contact the LRS unit with 1-158 CAV of the Maryland NG have also been unsuccessful. Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Go register at ArmyParatrooper.org

They have a few East Coast LRS folks there.
RI has an Airborne Company IIRC, or you could go SF.

There are only two NG LRS units as far as I know, one in Indiana (C Co 2-152nd) and one in Texas.
Yes RI does have an Airborne unit, C Coy 1/143 Airborne Infantry (poc, SSG Michael Davis/401-374-9038/michael.t.davis2@us.army.mil.)

Co H 121st IN (ABN)(LRS) is still around. Location: Atlanta, Ga. May be a little far for you. They are now part of the 3-108th CAV.

Please PM me and I'll link you up with the Readiness NCO if desired.

Co H 121st IN (ABN)(LRS) is still around. Location: Atlanta, Ga. May be a little far for you. They are now part of the 3-108th CAV.

Please PM me and I'll link you up with the Readiness NCO if desired.

Interesting, I was under the impression there were only Guard LRS units left in TX and IN.

OK, I guess they are expanding again then.

Well, before I say that, how long has that unit been around?

They have been around a long time as an unofficial LRSD, but as a Dept of Army recognized and funded LRSC they are new. Little over a year old IIRC.
Reed

I know this thread is a little old but I have an up to date list of current guard LRS units

Georgia C Co 3-108 CAV ( Co H 121 previosly and my current unit)
Texas
Indiana (Have friends from F Co 425 serving there)
Maryland (Have a friend in this unit)
Alaska (Confirmed with them last week)
Alabama (Have a friend in this unit)
Nebraska

Back