Magpul Dynamics - The Art of the Precision Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a guy( Costa) who hasn't come from the traditionally SOF background he has done very well I think.

Is Todd Hodnett the guy who trained the SF'ers who took last years International Sniper comp?

I don't know much about Costa's background, but I think he worked TACLET in the USCG and in the past TACLET had SMU capability for CT/HR as well as their counter drug mission. At least that was how my coastie cusin had explained it to me. I guess MSRT now holds the SMU capability in the USCG, either way I have met more then a few coasties that were GTG on SUT/SA.

Is Todd Hodnett the guy who trained the SF'ers who took last years International Sniper comp?

I don't know much about Costa's background, but I think he worked TACLET in the USCG and in the past TACLET had SMU capability for CT/HR as well as their counter drug mission. At least that was how my coastie cusin had explained it to me. I guess MSRT now holds the SMU capability in the USCG, either way I have met more then a few coasties that were GTG on SUT/SA.

Don't know if he is or not but the guy is a freaking genius. He simplified alot of the mathematics for getting your wind or range down to a process that takes seconds. Without going into the details of how on the open net, if I can see from the shoulders up of my target I can range it, out to about 800m scope dependent, adjust for the elevation and wind, and get my shot off in under 5 seconds with about a 80 to 90% chance of first round impact. Keeping in mind that those particular formulas are for rapid target engagement and not for pinpoint hits, after all rather you hit the target in the heart or in the groin their out of the fight and can be cleaned up with a more accurate follow up shot. He know this craft. I will definitely be checking this video out. Thanks for the post.

Thanks Koz, I had thought I heard his name before but could not be sure if that was the refrence or not...

Hitman, I am thinking I will be buying the videos as well. I can't count the amount of times I have watched some "training videos" and walked away thinking "damn thats a good idea" and I have said that a lot with the MAGPUL dynamic stuff...

Todd has trained a lot of very good shooters and made them even better. The USASOC guys who won the Open Class portion of the International Sniper Comp also trained with him before they won. The new SOTIC (SFSC) some of Todd's influence on it (Chance and Ed are SFSC instructors). The class now has students shooting 4" pigeon's at 800m (1/2 MOA)
Todd's also trained Marine and SEAL snipers. I'm sure he's trained some of the AF snipers - I just am not aware of it.

I've never really liked the Magpul Dynamics stuff - BUT I will definitely be buying this video when it comes out.

Todd has trained a lot of very good shooters and made them even better. The USASOC guys who won the Open Class portion of the International Sniper Comp also trained with him before they won. The new SOTIC (SFSC) some of Todd's influence on it (Chance and Ed are SFSC instructors). The class now has students shooting 4" pigeon's at 800m (1/2 MOA)
Todd's also trained Marine and SEAL snipers. I'm sure he's trained some of the AF snipers - I just am not aware of it.

I've never really liked the Magpul Dynamics stuff - BUT I will definitely be buying this video when it comes out.

Was Todd ex SF/SOF or did he learn his trade from hunting?

Very cool. I definitely miss that shit.

I would love to see those videos.

I picked up some good drills from the Magpul dynamic carbine vids, a lot of it was "yeah what ever" but there were some good tid-bits in there. I tend to pick from videos what I like, and shitcan the rest. The VTAC videos are another outlet where I grab what I like and dump what I dont like.

Most of us here can agree that over 80% of the magpul tactics stuff is honestly shit we've done/been doing since we were privates. That's why I sorta yawn at most of their stuff, especially when they start acting for the camera and start yelling at the guys more... you never left the flat range bud... where's the obstacle course after the 5 mile ruck run before you even load your weapons for the stress fire... lol

Todd is the man and a great guy. I just wish he had made the video with someone, anyone else... I just question the company he keeps. Todd is down to earth, humble and without ego. I learn something new every-time I talk to him. Which probably isn't saying much as dense as I am. Todd has come up with some crazy amazing formulas, so much so that his military courses are now highly restricted to security cleared personnel only with a need to know. He is a shooting machine!

I just question the company he keeps. Todd is down to earth, humble and without ego.
Are you saying that the folks at Magpul Dynamics are not "down to earth, humble and without ego?" I was struck by just how much those folks were exactly that.

Are you saying that the folks at Magpul Dynamics are not "down to earth, humble and without ego?" I was struck by just how much those folks were exactly that.

Firstly;I really wish Todd would have made this Vid himself to market himself without the presence of the cast of characters detracting from him.

Secondly; Ok let me be categorical; I'm not saying the Company "Magpul". I'm meaning the physical presence of an individual not as in Company as in commercial entity. The word "company" was meant to convey presence of one to another with in an association and the intent of slight humor to a degree. With a touch of sarcasm combined with a degree of pun. So allow me to classify the meaning; I meant "company" to imply physical presence of another in proximity through social association or friendship. So that can be taken and meant as a retraction to misinterpreted criticism of MAGPUL and a condemnation of another. Magpul and the folks over there produce excellent products, support Vets, provide excellent customer service and above board business ethics. JOHN DOE is not in the same class or league of person as Todd nor should he (Todd) be judged or condemned by such an association. It's really and old phrase, historical if you will; "judge someone by the company they keep". I think that is pretty PC up to this point. And that is what I'm saying.

O and BTW the Vid is an excellent educational and instructional tool. Even better if I didn't have to hear or see JOHN DOE. In fact if I never heard of him again that would be fine as well. And as for the other MAGPUL Vids, they are little more than MTV with guns, genesis marketing. Really cool bro, dude! Yes, I know all the cool kids got them. This Vid is in my opinion is worth the money unlike that other crap.

Respectfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back