Man Vs. Wild New Episodes Start Tonight On Discovery - Former SAS Starring

B

Boondocksaint375

Man Vs. Wild New Episodes Start Tonight On Discovery

In MAN VS. WILD, explorer and host Bear Grylls immerses himself in remote survival scenarios, armed with only the basics -- a knife, a water bottle and a flint. His goal? To find his way back to civilization…alive. By putting himself in the most unimaginable situations, Bear provides viewers with the knowledge to stay alive in the wild. Six all-new episodes of the popular Discovery Channel series MAN VS. WILD will premiere on Fridays at 9PM (ET/PT), beginning Friday, June 15.
Each episode of MAN VS. WILD is based on real-life events where people fought for their survival after finding themselves in danger in popular wilderness locations. A seasoned adventurer and former British Special Air Service soldier, Bear demonstrates the basic survival methods for specific locations -- including navigation, making fire and finding water and food -- and goes one step further. As he explains, the people who stand the best chance for survival are those who are prepared to push the limits, and he certainly does so himself.
From eating scorpions in Mexico and sheep eyeballs in Iceland, to drinking urine to combat dehydration in the severe heat and navigating the alligator-infested swamps of the Florida Everglades, Bear often employs extreme techniques that, while certainly unusual and sometimes unthinkable, may prove to be life-saving.
New MAN VS. WILD episodes airing through June and July bring Bear to the swamps of the Florida Everglades, the freezing landscape of Iceland, the canyons of Mexico, the outback of Kimberley, Australia, the jungles of Ecuador, and the wintry mountains of Scotland.
Online at discovery.com/manvswild, visitors can go behind the scenes with Bear with his personal photo diary and intimate thoughts about some of his hairiest moments in the wild. Behind-the-scenes videos and a “life or death” scenario quiz are also featured, with new content and Q&As available as of June 1. A second season of MAN VS. WILD is scheduled to air this fall.
MAN VS. WILD is produced for Discovery Channel by Diverse Production Ltd. Rob Maciver is the executive producer for Diverse. Mary Donahue is the executive producer for Discovery Channel.

I've watched his show and I enjoy it, but it's BS.

He takes extraordinary and unessasary risks that you DO NOT take when in a survival situation.

Iv'e seen him jump into a river and loose his raft disapearing underwater, seemingly lost to the rapids only to be washed ashore exausted..... then you realise the camera was waiting at that exact spot for him despite being on shore when he launched..... integrity this show does not have.

For a realistic non BS dramatic show, watch survivorman, unlike Grylls, Stroud carrys his own gear and is alone.

Grylls looses credibility when he starts talking about feeling lonely up here in the wilderness, yeah.... while his camera man is filming him saying that :uhh:

Interestingly the Grylls show is now begining to copy all that survivorman does, just in a more showy hollywood BS way.

If they've got the budget to use a helo in every episode there's always the possibility of there being more than one cameraman.

He always has a crew of two or three with him IIRC.

He got spooked by an animal one night in the rockies so decided to do a night move, he was going on about how dangerous a night move is because you can't see anything etc... all the time the camera crew where behind him lighting his way with white light!!! :rolleyes: credibility anyone!?

He always friggen paracutes in as well, WTF is that about? :rolleyes:

At least Stroud has a viable scenario (Stroud is often picked up by helo as well but still goes it alone).

Stroud is picked up by helo at the end of his stay... he has a satphone for emergency evac but the only crew is at the base station however far away from where he's actually doing his thing at...

I find both shows to be highly entertaining and informative. Man vs. Wild is clearly produced to be more entertaining.

And not for nothing but Grylls has definitely done some shit.

I find both shows to be highly entertaining and informative. Man vs. Wild is clearly produced to be more entertaining.

And not for nothing but Grylls has definitely done some shit.

I have to agree, Gryll's show irritaes me with some of the stuff he does but I do enjoy it, both shows are entertaining and informative.

Yes Grylls has done some shit, SAS, Everest, no mean feats.

I did enjoy his show Escape to the Legion too.

Reality?

I'm afraid this must be the extent of my commenting on this subject. I have seen no more than the add for Gryll's most recent show and that alone was more than enough to turn me away.

I'm afraid this must be the extent of my commenting on this subject. I have seen no more than the add for Gryll's most recent show and that alone was more than enough to turn me away.

Welcome back G-2.

I watch it for the entertaining show that it is..I also learned how to swim out of white water which I have used while on my CTI course..

I enjoy the show...

I remember one time he inflated his pants to swim across a body of water, but said.. they deflated and left him to swimming...
But when I instructed the drownproofing in my unit, you could re-inflate your pants by cupping your hand and splash down in front of you and the air bubbles would rise into the open pants.

The show is definately entertaining though... ;-)

I’ve enjoyed last season’s shows. A bit gross at times. :D

I started watching the show just to pass the time before The Deadliest Catch would come on, then I learned to like to show.

Wonder how this will affect things for the lad?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article2116195.ece

TO LIVE up to his public image of a rugged, ex-SAS adventurer, it must have seemed essential for Bear Grylls to appear at ease sleeping rough and catching his own food in his television survival series.

But it has emerged that Grylls, 33, was enjoying a far more conventional form of comfort, retreating some nights from filming in mountains and on desert islands to nearby lodges and hotels.

Winnie's back!:D

Maybe they should pit this guy against your beagle, see what he's really made of.

Thanks G. :)

------

I watched his episode last night. I enjoy the show. He is an encyclopedia of information, and interesting to watch even if everything isn’t what it seems. :uhh:

I think he was wearing Armani out in the field, during the last episode I caught.

I think he was wearing Armani out in the field, during the last episode I caught.

Well the premise of the show is to recall relief situations of people stranded out in different places. So he usually dresses the same way the real life people have…

Throughout the show he discusses what these people did wrong and what they should or could have done

TO LIVE up to his public image of a rugged, ex-SAS adventurer, it must have seemed essential for Bear Grylls to appear at ease sleeping rough and catching his own food in his television survival series.

But it has emerged that Grylls, 33, was enjoying a far more conventional form of comfort, retreating some nights from filming in mountains and on desert islands to nearby lodges and hotels.

Who does this guy think he is, Jeff Probst?

The other guy with a similar show appears to really take things to the limit, and I don't think he's retiring to a hotel room to recharge his batteries in the middle of his trial.

Back