Marine Corps Designated Marksman

not trying to say an Army DM is not a bad or anything, but it's hard for me to call a DM a sniper.

I only say this because a while back in Iraq, a DM from the Army said he was a sniper, then immediately followed by one of his friends saying, "youre not a sniper, youre a desiganted marksman".

Even in my old unit, a PIG who called themselves a sniper or HOG got slapped in the back of the head.

Just saying.

There is a diffrence. That is why they are called Designated Marskmen and not Snipers. Then again, there is a diffrence between a sniper and a Scout Sniper. Oh well. Whatever, as long as we are all dropping bad guys.

Everyone takes pride in what they do and who they are. We each take pride in the schools we graduate from. The tougher the school, the more pride. Diffrent jobs...... means diffrent schools.

not trying to say an Army DM is not a bad or anything, but it's hard for me to call a DM a sniper.

I only say this because a while back in Iraq, a DM from the Army said he was a sniper, then immediately followed by one of his friends saying, "youre not a sniper, youre a desiganted marksman".

Even in my old unit, a PIG who called themselves a sniper or HOG got slapped in the back of the head.

Just saying.

I guess I'm missing something. This was about Marine Corps DMs, not Army. Neither are snipers.

Back