Marine Corps Museum

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
I went to the Marine Corps Museum a few weeks ago and I have to say they did a great job setting that place up. You can take a virtual tour here: http://www.usmcmuseum.com/exhibits_UncommonValor.asp

I especially like the Chosin resevoir exhibit where they had a life sized diorama of a hill with the AC cranked up really high and the CH-46 fuselage you have to travel through to "insert" into the hot and humid Vietnam exhibit.

Chopstick

Verified Estrogen Brigade
I smacked my head off of the "window" of the helo in that exhibit. We were there last year. I have to get back down to see the newest exhibits which opened in June. Was Frank Matthews around when you were there? He is a docent and Iwo Jima Vet. Amazing man to talk to.
Is the Lego Iwo Jima Flag Raising still in the gift shop?

Verified Military
Why the f--- are you people coming to the museum & not saying shit in advance?!? I live 20 minutes away and literally work 5 minutes from the museum parking lot.

F---. And I'll buy chow too.

Bastards. :D

SgtUSMC8541

Marine Scout Sniper
Verified Sniper
I need to get back down there and hit the museum one of these days. Maybe after the next Fireteam member is born.

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
Why the f--- are you people coming to the museum & not saying shit in advance?!? I live 20 minutes away and literally work 5 minutes from the museum parking lot.

F---. And I'll buy chow too.

Bastards. :D

I did say something; you were out of town so I semper fi'd it solo