Marine of the Year

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
http://www.marines.mil/unit/hqmc/Pa...earrecognizedforleadership,volunteerwork.aspx

Check out the ribbon stack on this "Marine of the Year". It looks like he forgot to put his Combat Action, Iraq Campaign, Afghan Campaign and Sea Service Deployment ribbons. Oh that's right. Hard to get those when you are a SSgt with seven years time in service who has never deployed.

100714-M-2156H-083.jpg

You Jarheads can run with this one, but yeah, the first thing I thought was, "Legal? Admin? Marine of the year? Really?"

It's just like Soldier of the Year competitions - many who are REALLY qualified have more important things to do than prepare for a board.........

You Jarheads can run with this one, but yeah, the first thing I thought was, "Legal? Admin? Marine of the year? Really?"

It's just like Soldier of the Year competitions - many who are REALLY qualified have more important things to do than prepare for a board.........

Agree.
He'll get his shot in the box.

Not to be a hater but it IS a Military Times award. Nancy Pelosi edition.
getthumbnail.aspx

I'd rather vote for this hard-charger... even if he's in the Army. Maybe we should have voted for that EOD Marine with the Death's Head... ;)

crossed_small.jpg

I'd rather vote for this hard-charger... even if he's in the Army. Maybe we should have voted for that EOD Marine with the Death's Head... ;)

Damn you, C! I was searching for this pic when you posted it. ;)

For those who don't know, the hand signal he's giving with the left hand means "I am under duress." }:-)

"Every Marine a Rifleman" my ass..............speed reaload your stapler you fucking DBag.

I base this off the article as that's all I know about him.

Don't know that I'd call him a douche bag. Sounds like he was nominated for the award and didn't chase it. Also, sounds like he's doing what he was assigned to do; he may have avoided duty OS, but no way of telling from the article. If work ethic & volunteerism are what they were looking for, hard to do if you're deploying, hence the reason no warfighters were selected. My last four years I was at CLNC, deployed twice (21 months total) and was able to help coach my son's football team one season. I'd be interested to see what the rest of the field looked like.

Lastly, it's not like this is a "real" award. The Military Times isn't like getting selected by HQMC...

I base this off the article as that's all I know about him.

Don't know that I'd call him a douche bag. Sounds like he was nominated for the award and didn't chase it. Also, sounds like he's doing what he was assigned to do; he may have avoided duty OS, but no way of telling from the article. If work ethic & volunteerism are what they were looking for, hard to do if you're deploying, hence the reason no warfighters were selected. My last four years I was at CLNC, deployed twice (21 months total) and was able to help coach my son's football team one season. I'd be interested to see what the rest of the field looked like.

Lastly, it's not like this is a "real" award. The Military Times isn't like getting selected by HQMC...

Well said.

Back