Marines in Haiti last night

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/10/us-military-evacuates-staff-embassy-haiti-00146148

Military airlifts American personnel out of Haiti embassy as country spirals into violence

Why is Haiti so chaotic? Leaders used street gangs to gain power. Then the gangs got stronger

What is going on in Haiti?​

It’s easy to blame this latest spasm of violence in the West’s first free Black republic on longstanding poverty, the legacy of colonialism, widespread deforestation, and European and U.S. interference.

However, a series of experts told The Associated Press that the most important immediate cause is more recent: Haitian rulers’ increasing dependence on street gangs.

Haiti hasn’t had a standing army or a well-funded and robust national police force for decades.

United Nations and American interventions have come and gone. Without a solid tradition of honest political institutions, Haitian leaders have been using armed civilians as tools for exercising power.

Now, the state has grown fatally weak and gangs are stepping in to take its place.

Gang leaders, surreally, hold news conferences. And many see them as future stakeholders in negotiations over the country’s future.

Marines--probably from a CARIB MEU Battalion Landing Team--went into Port au Prince last night to evacuate embassy personnel by helicopter. Not much on the web yet. Miami Herald broke the story a few hours ago.

I had read but do not know with certainty they had (also?) sent a FAST team.

The Marines have spent more time in Haiti than any other country and have more cumulative time there than in half their bases.

Remember when Trump said Haiti was "a shithole" and got grief? He was right. It's always been a shithole despite Clinton's $2 billion.

I had read but do not know with certainty they had (also?) sent a FAST team.

The Marines have spent more time in Haiti than any other country and have more cumulative time there than in half their bases.

Remember when Trump said Haiti was "a shithole" and got grief? He was right. It's always been a shithole despite Clinton's $2 billion.

I give approximately zero shits about that country. It and the Dom Rep are on the same island with the same resources. Spain actually prepared the locals to govern once Spain left. France on the western side? Not so much. France created this problem, and I understand Haiti is in the Americas and under our influence. When you're sick and have a fever you allow the fever to burn out. Let Haiti go and we can figure it out from the ash.

Besides, we have enough countries to put ahead of our citizens. Why allow Haiti to interfere with the Zelensky Retirement Fund?

I give approximately zero shits about that country. It and the Dom Rep are on the same island with the same resources. Spain actually prepared the locals to govern once Spain left. France on the western side? Not so much. France created this problem, and I understand Haiti is in the Americas and under our influence. When you're sick and have a fever you allow the fever to burn out. Let Haiti go and we can figure it out from the ash.

Besides, we have enough countries to put ahead of our citizens. Why allow Haiti to interfere with the Zelensky Retirement Fund?

Agree. Even ol' Smedley Butler said that the US should never engage Haiti any longer, and that was...the 20s? 30s? The whole definition of insanity and all.

I going to come right out and say it...
Colonialism isn't bad.

It's not.
In fact, sometimes colonialism is the only thing that drags people - kicking screaming smoking searing and sizzling - back into the realm of civilization.
...but colonialism is also a really cool buzz word that people like to use as a straw man when shit isn't going right.

Colonialism does a pretty good job of establishing and ensuring a lasting state of what could generally be considered 'law and order' unless your idea of law an order is a tortured soul with a flaming car tire hung around Xe/Xem/Xir neck in front of the locals as a warning of what happens when you don't exalt the current warlord as your dear leader.

When you half ass colonialism - or try to pretend that "peacekeeping" is what creates lasting relevant productive societies - you get leaders like Papa Doc or Baby Doc or Raoul Cedras or that crooked little Aristede guy - or maybe even a guy like Jimmy Cherizier
- Well it seems that Mr Jimmy Cherizier, AKA 'Babekyou' AKA 'Barbecue' AKA 'what the fuck is going on in Haiti' is now the self appointed leader of the new nation builders known as 'G9 and Family' (which is nothing more than the modern day resurgence of the Ton Ton Macoute). Many outlets are now claiming that this hell spawn of a human being is now the post powerful man in Haiti. Well, here is a neat quote from this icon of the rich history of Haitian leadership: I am ready to make an alliance with the devil, ready to sleep in the same bed as the devil” Oddly, this joker allegedly compared himself to MLK Jr last year during an with "The New Yorker"
He also claims that his nickname "Barbecue" is because his mama used to sell fried chicken.
...totally not because his gang sets people on fire and then eats them.
...its because of his mama
...and her barbecue
...a mess of mamas barbecue

Yep - that sounds like it checks out - he got his name straight out of a little ditty from Emmet Otters Jug Bang Christmas
- if your tastes are like mine, you like cider not wine

And your very favorite thing to do...
...is get a pretty girl dancin' to jug band music
...and a mess of mama's barbecue
BARBECUE
Lifts my spirits
So get the frown off your face, we're gonna replace it with a grin and a dream come true...
...And a mess of mama's barbe
...Mess of mama's barbe

...Mess of mama's Barbecue

Well, it isn't warlords or corruption or colonialsim or barbarism that has destroyed Haiti - existential climate change is the thing that has ruined the Haitian government.

Lets face it - Haiti is a shit hole.
It has been a shit hole for most of the last 200 years.
Peacekeeping missions have not worked.
Peacekeeping missions ARE.NOT.GOING.TO.WORK.
Haiti is a shit hole. and it will continue to be a shit hole until someone goes in and colonizes that fucking place.

...at least that what I heard

I going to come right out and say it...
Colonialism isn't bad.

It's not.
In fact, sometimes colonialism is the only thing that drags people - kicking screaming smoking searing and sizzling - back into the realm of civilization.
...but colonialism is also a really cool buzz word that people like to use as a straw man when shit isn't going right.

Colonialism does a pretty good job of establishing and ensuring a lasting state of what could generally be considered 'law and order' unless your idea of law an order is a tortured soul with a flaming car tire hung around Xe/Xem/Xir neck in front of the locals as a warning of what happens when you don't exalt the current warlord as your dear leader.

When you half ass colonialism - or try to pretend that "peacekeeping" is what creates lasting relevant productive societies - you get leaders like Papa Doc or Baby Doc or Raoul Cedras or that crooked little Aristede guy - or maybe even a guy like Jimmy Cherizier
- Well it seems that Mr Jimmy Cherizier, AKA 'Babekyou' AKA 'Barbecue' AKA 'what the fuck is going on in Haiti' is now the self appointed leader of the new nation builders known as 'G9 and Family' (which is nothing more than the modern day resurgence of the Ton Ton Macoute). Many outlets are now claiming that this hell spawn of a human being is now the post powerful man in Haiti. Well, here is a neat quote from this icon of the rich history of Haitian leadership: I am ready to make an alliance with the devil, ready to sleep in the same bed as the devil” Oddly, this joker allegedly compared himself to MLK Jr last year during an with "The New Yorker"
He also claims that his nickname "Barbecue" is because his mama used to sell fried chicken.
...totally not because his gang sets people on fire and then eats them.
...its because of his mama
...and her barbecue
...a mess of mamas barbecue

Yep - that sounds like it checks out - he got his name straight out of a little ditty from Emmet Otters Jug Bang Christmas
- if your tastes are like mine, you like cider not wine

And your very favorite thing to do...
...is get a pretty girl dancin' to jug band music
...and a mess of mama's barbecue
BARBECUE
Lifts my spirits
So get the frown off your face, we're gonna replace it with a grin and a dream come true...
...And a mess of mama's barbe
...Mess of mama's barbe

...Mess of mama's Barbecue

Well, it isn't warlords or corruption or colonialsim or barbarism that has destroyed Haiti - existential climate change is the thing that has ruined the Haitian government.

Lets face it - Haiti is a shit hole.
It has been a shit hole for most of the last 200 years.
Peacekeeping missions have not worked.
Peacekeeping missions ARE.NOT.GOING.TO.WORK.
Haiti is a shit hole. and it will continue to be a shit hole until someone goes in and colonizes that fucking place.

...at least that what I heard
You give this to us for free. I for one am grateful. However, I would be a bad interwebz cohort if I failed to point out the potential monetization of your diatribes should they be published on a platform which allows such things.

Dude, you could be f*k'n rich. Just sayin.

You give this to us for free. I for one am grateful. However, I would be a bad interwebz cohort if I failed to point out the potential monetization of your diatribes should they be published on a platform which allows such things.

Dude, you could be f*k'n rich. Just sayin.

My...Shadowsperian has my write-in for Pres.

Last edited:
But do we taste more like beef than pork? You'd think beef, but pork could be an option, right?
Does it matter? Just like with Dalmer, I see rabid animals that either need to be put down or left to rot away from the rest of humanity.

Back