MARSOC Photo

TheSiatonist

Designated Hoops Sniper!
Sharing this....

Thought this was awesome and funny at the same time. Do the winners always wear the helmet at the ceremony?

309ire1.jpg

Major General Mark A. Clark, the commander of U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Special Operations Command congratulates the winning team leader of the MARSOC warrior challenge at an awards ceremony at MARSOC headquarters aboard Camp Lejeune, N.C. Feb. 22, 2013. MARSOC Marines and Sailors celebrated the command's 7th birthday by competing against each other in the warrior challenge's three separate events, which included a stamina course, a fitness and marksmanship challenge and a soccer tournament. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Kyle McNally)

That looks more gay than three dudes fucking. A fucking SOCCER tournament?!?

And I'm a retired Marine; I've seen gay. :hmm:

Soccer or any contact sport can get pretty intense with a huge group of motivated hyper aggressive men.

Sharing this....

Thought this was awesome and funny at the same time. Do the winners always wear the helmet at the ceremony?

309ire1.jpg

Retarded. What is that, a Master gunnery sergeant? I think that's Derv!!!!! Can anyone confirm that's the SNCOIC of MSOS?

Although I agree the picture is full up gay as hell. I will agree that soccer is hardly a gay or weak sport. I've broken bones playing two sports, football and soccer, not to mention the amount of crack ribs, sprained ankles and wicked bruises.

I won't even get into the physical fitness side of it, but outside of swimming and kick boxing very few sports even come close to the level of physical exertion I've had from playing soccer.

Soccer or any contact sport can get pretty intense with a huge group of motivated hyper aggressive men.

Although I agree the picture is full up gay as hell. I will agree that soccer is hardly a gay or weak sport. I've broken bones playing two sports, football and soccer, not to mention the amount of crack ribs, sprained ankles and wicked bruises.

I won't even get into the physical fitness side of it, but outside of swimming and kick boxing very few sports even come close to the level of physical exertion I've had from playing soccer.

Okay, sure, fine. I've played plenty of 'combat soccer' for PT and I'll will conced that soccer is a hard sport.

But soccer as part of a "warrior's challenge"?!? Seriously?!? They couldn't find a SINGLE FUCKING THING more warlike than a fucking soccer tournament? Like maybe, I don't know, a FUCKING MCMAP throw-down?

That pic was taken Feb 22, 2014 according to the caption. The Commandant didnt ok rolled sleeves until March 9th, 2014. ;-)

I don't think we've rolled sleeves on woodland cammies since the war started. I can't remember if we ever did. I remember rolling the old school cammies after ironing on an EGA on the pocket.

Back