INVICTUS_USMC

Unverified
Howdy y'all,

My name is Paul, I'm currently a senior at the University of Texas at Austin -- graduating and commissioning in the Spring of 2017. I am studying to receive a B.A. in Government, Pre-Law (International Relations and Security concentration) and a minor in History (Concentration in Political History). Experience wise, I have worked in the Texas State Capitol for a year and have written several security papers on various topics such as: Maritime Security: Cyber Threats, Clash of Civilization (Islamic Culture), Geopolitics of Oil, and Political Psychology: Suicide as a Weapon. Moreover, I am a Marine Corps Officer Candidate that graduated PLC-Jrs in the Summer of 2014 with India-3 and graduated PLC-Srs -- as the Honor Graduate and Company Commander for Lima Co. -- in 2015 with Lima-2. Upon commissioning -- and awaiting a TBS ship date -- I will be on PTAD in my hometown of Brea, CA. I've always been attracted to the special operations community -- more so with MARSOC. My father was a Recon Marine in the ROKMC -- and I've always admired his experience of 'the suck.' Although I wish I could live vicariously through his experience, I knew it was time to make my own -- which is how I found myself at Marine Corps OCS. I know the road to joining the MARSOC community is laborious and hellacious -- but I'm willing to give everything I have to get. I believe, just by trying, I have a 5% chance of succeeding than a 100% chance of failing. If falter by the way-side, I am more than happy to serve the needs of the Corps.

In case anyone is interested, here is the links to my articles: Paul Hwang | U.S. Marine Corps Officer Candidate

Greetings. Best of success to you in your future goals and objectives!

Back