MARSOC Training Environments

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMJTactical

Unverified
I apologize beforehand if this has been previously discussed, and yes I have tried to search for this topic on here but couldnt come up with positive results. If anyone can give a detailed answer, it's greatly appreciated.

1. MARSOC and/or Force Recon: What type of environments do these units train in? For ex. Winter warfare, Mountain Warfare, ect. Which specific types?

2. OPSEC.

3. Also, is one deployment considered "hardened, experienced Marines" enough so that after one deployment these Marines with MARSOC in mind can go to A&S and further or do they have to have "multiple" deployments to be considered?

4. Has MARSOC found its turf in the SOCOM community as far as which missions they will be called upon to complete first? Or are they more attached with other SOF units still? Most of all, are they overall accepted by the ohter SOCOM teams as credible and capable force?

I know this is a tall order, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me. If anyone has information thats willing to share, again its greatly appreciated.

Pretty much you don't rate to know the answers to question 2. For a winter environment, they train in the winter and for a mountainous environment they train in the mountains. Concerning #3 the answer is yes, after one deployment you have completed your transformation and are considered a true warrior.

Let me guess that the aswer to #4 is also a yes, and ritterk was correct-you don't need to know what specialized capabilities they have.

Heres the best answer u can have for #3

I, am a 23 year old LCpl, I am a Avionics Tech. (Leader of the POG's) I have been in the fleet for 2 months and...3 days. I am slated for A&S in January of 2011 (The next scheduled A&S, its held 3 times a year. january, april, and September) ALL, let me repeat ALL of the requirements for MarSoc are wavier-able. Trust me, I know, I pretty much do not meet any of them. But, what I do have. A >290 PFT, a >115 GT score, maturity, hence I'm 23, and when I met the Major of MarSoc recruiting, I showed/told him how motivated I was to become MarSoc. And now, all I have to do is get all my paperwork done by next month, and I'm going to A&S in January. And yes, my unit is pissed. lol. To end this, look, if your motivated enough to actually want to become MarSoc, nothing can stop you but yourself.

FMJ you have a long road ahead of you before you'll get the opportunity to apply for MARSOC. Make sure you don't get too ahead of yourself.

No kiddin bub. That type of advice has been learned LONG ago. But we all start somewhere and keep going.

Heres the best answer u can have for #3

I, am a 23 year old LCpl, I am a Avionics Tech. (Leader of the POG's) I have been in the fleet for 2 months and...3 days. I am slated for A&S in January of 2011 (The next scheduled A&S, its held 3 times a year. january, april, and September) ALL, let me repeat ALL of the requirements for MarSoc are wavier-able. Trust me, I know, I pretty much do not meet any of them. But, what I do have. A >290 PFT, a >115 GT score, maturity, hence I'm 23, and when I met the Major of MarSoc recruiting, I showed/told him how motivated I was to become MarSoc. And now, all I have to do is get all my paperwork done by next month, and I'm going to A&S in January. And yes, my unit is pissed. lol. To end this, look, if your motivated enough to actually want to become MarSoc, nothing can stop you but yourself.

So much for standards. I wouldn't be so proud to say that you had to waiver all of the entry requirements.

No kiddin bub. That type of advice has been learned LONG ago. But we all start somewhere and keep going.

Long ago? Like in high school or before that? This isn't a good start for you. I would think for a minute or two before I post next.

Before this kid gets pounced on again...he did send me an apology. We had a small talk about the thread and have smoothed out the kinks.

Before this kid gets pounced on again...he did send me an apology. We had a small talk about the thread and have smoothed out the kinks.

'nuff said, F1371. Thanks for the heads up.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back